Thursday, January 21, 2016

Fourth Month

We have been back-to-school from winter break but today it's been very relaxed. Today it is snowing these big fluffy snowflakes. The baby and Silas are napping while Abigail bakes Snickerdoodle cookies, Zoe and Judah attempt to clean up Legos that were dumped everywhere and Elaina is playing on her Kindle. Almost 2pm and we still haven't started a lesson, oops.

I could get frustrated about it, or I could let it go and start something momentarily. It was a three-cups-of-coffee kind of morning for me. It's going to be a leftovers-for-dinner kind of night. Because baby kept me up all night with her restlessness and first cold. And because I've been busy selling used books online and just trying to play with the kiddos. Sometimes I just need to stop and really look them in the eye and say, "I hear you. I see you. I love you."

So Miss Thea turned 4-months-old this month! She is still such a sweet and happy girl. Lately she has wanted to be held, seemingly constantly. She's been suckling and chomping on her fingers. Only mommy will do, for the most part. She's smitten with her daddy and I've been able to leave the house solo a few times for quick errands (usually my exclusively breastfed babies go everywhere with me because we don't have bottles).

 Four-Month Beauty

Roly-poly with the prettiest almond-shaped eyes.
Thea is trying really hard to roll over now. She makes this whining-shrieking sound when she gets tired (I have jokingly referred to the sound as a "stuck pig" because that is what it reminds me of). She has lost almost all of her hair and has some lovely cradle crap. She's really liking this Peek-a-Boo game that Mommy started playing with her lately. She thinks it is hilarious when we jiggle her arms and make her dance. Her laughs are mostly silent but I can get some good sounding belly laughs from her when I tickle all her chins (ha) and behind her thighs. 

One of her favorite things is diaper changing time. I've never known a baby to be calmed down, from crying, by simply laying them down and taking their diaper or clothes off. She's never had a rash so it's not seemingly discomfort. She just likes being undressed. She will stop crying and start grinning (like the B&W pics above). Her newest thing is to lift up both legs and crash them down together, over and over, when I change her. Not so fun if she does it before I can move a dirty diaper out of the way because it gets on her feet, ew!

She also loves the television. If it is on she will crane her neck to try and see it. Her biggest entertainment comes in the form of five big siblings, though. She loves all of them and gets delighted to see them. 

I love waking up to her sweet, sleepy grins and shrieks. She's such a wonderful blessing!

1 comment:

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

It's amazing to see the progress little ones make in such a short time. She's beautiful!