Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Spring Cleaning Tech Style

Okay so I just spent an hour going through all the blogs I follow on GoogleFriendConnect. I started with 152 blogs that I followed (including my own and my husband's old blog so they don't count). I knew a lot of the blogs were "dead" or set to private so I thought I'd end up with at least 50 when I was done unfollowing blogs that hadn't been updated in 6-months+.

Nope. 17. SEVENTEEN is how many blogs I'm following! Out of 150!!!

It was actually exhilarating to unfollow some blogs that were just clutter/ads. But a lot of the blogs were people I had followed through thick and thin. Some randomly stopped blogging and others announced they were ending the blog. Totally their choice but I did feel a deep regret and sadness to unfollow many of them, even if they voluntarily stopped.

Some blogs were hacked and taken over my spammers. Also sad to me because POOF! Those bloggers and their stories were gone. Perhaps they started a new blog elsewhere. Perhaps not. I know I haven't personally been the greatest at it in 1-2 years but I'm slowly getting back in the swing of things.

So if you're here reading this and you have an active blog (but you're not on my sidebar and want to be) please leave a comment! I'd love to check out your blog. I'm looking for new people to follow because it seems, from my perspective in this small corner of the blogosphere, that blogging is dying. And I don't want that! Show me you're out there, people.

1 comment:

Kaye Torgerson said...

I retired mine some time ago, but left it up because there is some information there that still gets semi-frequently visited (some helpful tips/articles/bday party plans, etc). I wanted to let you know that although I don't stop in as much as I wish, I am still here watching your life too. :)