Thursday, April 3, 2014

Purging and Little Man Update

The moment spring hits I always get that need to purge. To minimize. I think the cabin fever of wintertime definitely contributes to the need. But it's worse this year because, as I mentioned in a previous post, we are gearing up the house to put on the market. We aren't even to the stage of getting an appraisal (I want to do all the exterior work first) and I'm already packing boxes of decor that I know I want to keep. The kids each have a box of their little knick knacks that they treasure already packed up, too.

Jumping the gun? Probably. But I just can't seem to help it. I have to keep moving and actively DO something. And right now there isn't anything we can do except clean and purge and pack what we don't need in the moment (which helps with renovation and painting coming up anyway so there's less to move out of the way). Waiting on our return and then we'll get quotes. I cannot WAIT to see this big old PINK and BROWN house painted a pretty neutral green with cream accents. And for my gutters to not be falling off.

Silas grows ever bigger by the moment. He'll be 10 months on the 8th and he's waving hello, his seventh tooth broke through sometime this week and he's just such a happy, happy, happy baby. He's always laughing and giggling. When I shake the box of Cheerios his hold body goes rigid and he grunts and kicks his legs, arms flailing. He loves food. This week we tried soft roast beef and canned peaches. We skipped the baby food and went to soft table foods.

Every time I gave him a tiny bit of beef on his tongue he'd use his fist to shove it over to his gum where his molars will be coming through, so he could "chew" it. It cracked me up that he really got how to eat, probably from watching us. I couldn't give him more beef pieces fast enough. He absolutely loved it.

He also scavenges. During and after mealtimes he'll crawl under the table looking for crumbs his siblings may have dropped. It's gross and we definitely don't want him to do that but I just think it's so funny he can deduce that already! He is literally crawling and looking for crumbs!

Still no words. But his babbling has changed to include "na na na na na" and "muh muh mmmmmmmuh" and "buh buh buh buh" instead of just the "da da da" he was doing. I am going to start doing some baby sign language with him as I did all his siblings. We really love sign language but we usually just stick to a few basics.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Good for you purging! I need to do more of that! Best wishes with your renovations and putting your house on the market. They grow up so fast, fun to read about Sila's latest milestones. Thank you for visiting and commenting on my blog this week. Great to see/hear from you! :)