Friday, March 21, 2014

Moving On

Well we are officially working on getting our house ready to sell. We live in an historic neighborhood, the gutters are falling off and the entire house needs to be painted outside, the kitchen is the ugliest you'd ever see and our upstairs bathroom is falling apart (literally - we have a clawfoot tub and one of the feet fell off when I was giving Judah a shower tonight!)... so we have our work cut out for us to make the home as move-in-ready as possible for potential buyers and get a good price in order to be able to put down on a homestead out in the country. I don't know how long this is going to take. It's exciting and terrifying all at once. I am on a roller coaster of emotions but at the end of the day I'm beyond ready to get out of the city and that fervor drives me more than any fear!

So I had to share a few pictures of rooms that are finished. And it's only two rooms of our three story house, ahhh!

 I painted the foyer this last summer. A cheery yellow!

It's hard to see the window because the sun was shining from that direction but I believe it is the original glass and it's in fantastic condition! Beautifully framed in solid wood.

Parlor room. Not sure how I feel about the blue but it's the least of concerns at the moment. If it continues to bother me I'll just paint it. What's a little more paint?!

View into dining room (which I will be painting soon, probably a soft green).

So lots to do. The main and most costly issue is the exterior so we want to knock that out as soon as we can. I am so impatient. I've been using the Zillow app to find homes we could look at and there are a few I hope we can look at but we cannot move until this house sells. I'm nervous about how long all the projects will take and then how long it will take to sell. I have to trust that God is in control but it's so hard to relinquish control.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Wishing you luck as you head into this. Buying/selling a home is certainly a lot of work (especially when you have kids!) but it's also an exciting time for the whole family. We've been in our new home for a year and a half now and are really enjoying it. God bless!