Thursday, September 5, 2013

All Done

The time has come to close the baby-cooker. Silas is our last bio baby. We are so blessed to have five babies from my womb and we also have two little angels awaiting us in Heaven. Daniel and I said we wanted seven kids before we had even said "I Do". Well we have our seven babies, even if two of them are not with us.

This is very bittersweet to me. On the one hand I'm very excited to close this baby-bearing period of my life and looking forward to raising my kids. On the other hand it is sad and I'm having a hard time articulating why. It's just a little sad to make such a huge change and close that part of our life. I know that feeling will fade.

I think my body is done. Each new pregnancy is more painful than the last. I have to take Progesterone to sustain pregnancy or I miscarry... so on top of the pain I have symptoms from the supplements and the stress of wondering if my unborn baby will thrive. Emotionally and physically I'm done.

And it's not to say we won't ever adopt either. Adoption is huge on my heart. I'm excited to see where God leads us as our family moves on and grows. I am asked so much if we think we'll have more so that's my answer - if God leads us to adopt we will. 

No comments: