Saturday, May 11, 2013

35 Weeks

We're having a baby next month! It's still surreal to me that a little person is going to be coming out of my belly. It's still surreal that they're going to be so tiny. It just amazes me that there is a person in there and that I will hold them, breastfeed them, care for them day and night. I just cannot wrap my brain around the awesomeness that is conception, pregnancy and birth. It doesn't matter that I've given birth four times already. Each experience is so new and amazing! And each child is a new gift. I cannot tell you how incredibly ecstatic I am to finally find out if we have a new son or daughter, to name them, to put them in little itty bitty teeny tiny pink or blue clothes!!! My midwife is getting pumped, too, and exclaimed, "It's like Christmas!" at my last appointment this past week. She's excited we waited to find out the gender, too.

Nesting is in full gear. I do have my days where I just kind of sit there and think of all the things I should be doing or need to do but having zero motivation. I call it 'exhaustion'. You may have heard of it!

I get breathless easily, I eat like a toddler (graze little bits here and there all day rather than regular meals) and my feet have gotten a little puffy. I can't walk more than a few blocks before having to go pee (again). My belly is enormous and no, I'm not just saying that and no, it doesn't bother me. It's not a negative. It's absolutely amazing to me how the uterus grows in size and how our skin can accommodate the growth! Stretchmarks rock and I don't mind them in the least.

I've gained 20-lbs even thus far. Not too shabby! Considering I gained like 50-60-lbs with Elaina I'd say that's pretty darn awesome. I think I gained 24-lbs with Abigail. I don't even remember the last two pregnancy weight gains so don't ask. I think I stopped paying attention when baby weight didn't come off after their births and thus started each new pregnancy heavier than the time before.

Anyway back to the nesting bit. I'm kind of getting overwhelmed by it all. Daniel has a list of projects he wants done before baby comes but can only work on a couple on the weekends. We're having our brother-in-law renovate our first-floor bathroom (which we've never even used in the 7 years we've lived here because it's always been a gutted mess!) and he's feeling the pressure of baby's due date as well. He really wants to have our bathroom done for us before baby comes (awww, so sweet!). But he, also, can only work on the weekend for a bit. I am so grateful to these two men for trying so hard to make it easier on me! They're rockstars! I appreciate that they're devoting as much time as they can and cannot wait to see all the finished projects.

My projects include a lot of decluttering and organizing, which I've done in spurts. And my older kids are growing so fast that I've gone through their clothes about 2-3 times now (weather changes helped with that). I've gotten to the point that I don't even think about it anymore. If it has been sitting around, unused, for a year or more it is gone. Buh-bye! If it is ripped, stained in the slighest or just plain ugly it is tossed. Ain't nobody got time for that!!!

I wanted to paint my upstairs bathroom but alas I'm not sure it will happen before the birth. We will see! Maybe if I close my jewelry shop earlier than I originally wanted I will have the time to focus on what I want to get done. I will be posting pictures here of the first-floor bathroom transformation (from gutted to gorgeous!) once it is done and if I paint the second floor bathroom I'll post Before-and-After pictures of that as well.

Tonight I also started putting all of my birth items in a laundry basket. My midwife suggested I put everything together and keep it in my room (that's where we plan to set up the birth tub). Along with the birth kit I purchased from InHisHands.com I also need to grab a roll of paper towels, Kleenex, washcloths, bath towels, ammonia, drinking straws, snacks, nightgown for me, diapers and an outfit for baby, etc. Just all the little things we may need and want to have at-the-ready. It's fun piecing it together because it makes everything more real and I daydream about the birth.

Me getting ready to leave for my midwife appointment earlier this week!
34-weeks, 3-days

3 comments:

De said...

I just love catching your updates. Can't wait to see photos of the litle newbie when he/she arrives. HUGS!!

Susan Sene said...

SO close! I wish I could say "next month" when June rolls around. But with an August 2nd due date, there's no guarantee baby will decide to show up in July. He or she just may wait until the beginning of August. :)

I can't wait to find out what you're having...and what we're having!! :)

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

Ahh, I cant wait to see whos in there!!