Monday, April 15, 2013

Single-Digit Countdown

This past Friday I hit 31-weeks. Down to single-digit countdown (week-wise anyway) BUT of course estimated due dates are *estimates* and just an approximation of when baby could arrive. Could still be over 10 weeks away. Elaina guessed baby would come 10 days after her birthday (which makes her guess the 14th, my EDD, LOL!). We shall see!

Saw the midwife today and all is well. Baby's heart rate has been consistently on the low side (120's-130's) but is strong and perfect with "great variance" as my midwife said today.

The other night I felt this large, round ball at the top of my uterus and I'm pretty sure baby was breech. By "large" I mean larger than an elbow or a knee for certain, maybe baseball sized or so. I have never felt anything like that before! When I woke up the next morning they had turned back down. Today my midwife confirmed baby was still head-down. Praying baby stays put!

It was not very comfortable for me at all when baby was in breech position so perhaps it wasn't comfortable for baby either and that is why he/she turned. It was as though I couldn't stretch enough to give them room. I'm short and there's not much room.

Baby likes to push out right at my belly button. I almost always feel a hard little body part there (knee and the leg). Baby gets lots of hiccups! Today the hiccups seemed endless. When I am driving baby decides to "dance" and wiggle and squirm. Remember that I mentioned that this is the first pregnancy I have had where the placenta wasn't in the front blocking most movements so I am feeling this baby like I've never felt my others - it's crazy awesome!!! My belly distorts with their movement. I feel a body part or movement almost constantly.

I'm starting to notice a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions. They are definitely noticeable and intense but not painful. They get me excited to be quite honest! I'm actually having one at the moment which reminded me to mention them here.

So there's a little update since it's been awhile! I'm off to bed to catch some Zzz's (however many I can get - seems I have been having fitful sleep the past week or two).

1 comment:

The Mommy said...

I feel like this pregnancy has flown by! I can't wait to"meet" kit his little one! Super excited for your precious family.