Monday, September 24, 2012

It's that time...

Believe it or not but a year (on Tuesday!) has passed since Judah was born! If you remember, or perhaps you're new, but when we were mid-pregnancy we had a sonogram and they told us we were having our fourth baby girl... I had a feeling they were wrong so I didn't paint the nursery or really buy anything except for two things. If you know me you know that I like to jump the gun sometimes and am very impatient. This time I knew to wait. Obviously he is NOT a she by any means. A 3D sonogram at almost-30-weeks revealed what I knew in my heart - we were actually having a BOY!

I love how newborns hold their hands! He really was NOT a binky baby and had this in his mouth for all of a few seconds.

I think newborns are so precious; love this sweet face!

My three princesses and our new prince to dote on and spoil!!!

Growing and growing by leaps and bounds! He loved/loves holding his hands though he doesn't do it as much anymore.

Turning into a goofy kid who loves to make us all laugh!

He's yelling "tuh-dn!" (touchdown) and lifting his arms!

Eating birthday cake at his birthday party on Saturday! Yum, yum!!!

My little dummer boy, enjoying his special birthday celebration with close family. He took a few steps the day before his party but is really cautious and nervous about walking still. He's *so close*!



My Son,
My mom used to tell me I'd be a great mother to boys. I know she knew I'd be a great mother to girls, too! I think she teased me because I loved to 'hang out with the guys' and preferred male company. I do love being your mommy! You bring me such laughter and joy. We've had a lot of rough days and nights this last year but nothing we couldn't handle or overcome..

You keep me on my toes and I love your hugs! You are so super smart, too. I can see your mind working through how things work and then you try to figure it out with your hands. I love your curiosity and I especially love the look of wonder you give your daddy when you see him!

I pray that this next year goes by much slower so I can soak in these days. I tried so hard to make these moments and days count this year but they still slipped by so quickly.

I love you, Judah, my little lion! And I will always love you.

Love,
Mommy

5 comments:

BrandiH said...

Wow, I can't believe he's already a year old!

Happy Birthday Judah!

Susan Sene said...

Happy Birthday Judah!!

Today is Ri's 3rd birthday :)

*~Chelsea~* said...

Awe, such a sweet little boy! I know you made his birthday so special! He looks JUST like Daniel in the blue outfit (one of the first pictures on here that you posted with his little hands) and then he looks so much like you in other shots. What a cutie pie!!! You are a great momma to girlies AND your little man. Love you, Joysters!

SaraSherrell.com said...

How sweet. Happy birthday to your lil man. I long for the day the Lord blesses me and allows me to be a mommy to a son.

Photogrl said...

I'm late to the party, as it always seems to be these days...BUT I can not believe it's already been a year.

He's growing into such a handsome little man. Happy Birthday, Judah!