Tuesday, September 27, 2011

He is here!

Judah Isaac graced us with his presence on Sunday, September 25, 2011 at 6:44pm! He weighed in at 9lbs 2oz and 21 inches long. And he's absolutely adorable!!! He was not named until after he was born. I had had a dream his name was Judah and shared the name with Daniel. We were torn between two names and going back-and-forth for weeks. I took a step back and really put it all on Daddy. What an honor to name his first son! After he was born Daniel knew Judah was the right name for our little guy and I couldn't agree more. I didn't want my dream to be the say-all for what we did; I wanted Daddy to choose.

Elaina was there for his birth! She was begging to hold him and finally got her chance about 1 hour after he was born. These beanies were handmade by refugees for the birth center babies! So in this pic we're hanging out on the birth bed (they have regular queen-sized beds with gorgeous bedding; makes you feel like a queen!).

We got home 4 hours after he was born! He slept the whole way home (about 25 minute drive). But he was noisy! He likes to squeak and squeal in his sleep.

Finally got a picture of him with his eyes open! He has dark, dark brown hair (almost black) and his eyes are still the murky newborn color. I think they'll end up being brown!

 Meeting big sister Abigail! She told me, "I want to hold him forever!"

They fight over him! All three sisters want to cuddle him! 

I adore this picture! The sheer joy on her face is so priceless!

Zoë has been having a time adjusting BUT is doing great. I think it is her age and not fully understanding that the baby is here to stay. She was very excited this morning when I walked into her room holding him, almost like, "Hey the baby is still here!" But then got upset when I wouldn't put him down and pick her up. She also looks ENORMOUS to me now!!! Before he was born she was so tiny and petite to me. Now she's so big. 

Anyway the birth story is to come! I am waiting on birth pictures before I post! 

How am I doing? I'm sore and tender. The after-birth contractions seriously hurt me worse than the labor contractions because they don't have an ascent and descent of pain (contractions will rise to a peak and then taper off). It's just one long, long peak of pain. I finally broke down and took some Ibuprofen, as recommended, tonight and feel really good right now.

Being able to go home right after birth has been a blessing. I was able to actually sleep his first night (he did wake but at the hospitals in previous births I couldn't ever fall or stay asleep and especially not comfortably). I was in my own bed, my own smells, my own surroundings... it was great! 

Breastfeeding is going well. My milk has started to come in already and he's 2-days old. That has been a blessing! And he's latching on really well. It was rough at first because I stopped nursing Zoë only 6-months ago and I'm used to how she nursed. I've had to re-learn how to nurse a newborn and use all those different holds to find what position is easiest at this stage. But since this morning it has been going really, really well and I'm so relieved!  

I'm off to steal Judah back from Daddy and nurse him or I may be up all night!

8 comments:

Vixbil said...

So pleased for you guys, and the pix are amazing xx

BrandiH said...

Congratulations! I love his name. He's addorable and so loved! Glad everything is going so well.

Susan Sene said...

Woo hoo! Can't wait to hear the birth story! Way to go!! September 25th is Ri's birthday. :) Oh, and I love the name!!

Kristen said...

Joy he is so beautiful!!!!!!! I'm so excited to hear the birth story! :-)

Becky said...

Congratulations little mama!

Having a Judah of our own, we're pretty partial to the name. =) Glad you chose it!

He's adorable, and all his sisters look so delighted to have a baby brother.

Nicole said...

Congrats on your little chunky monkey. He is adorable and his sisters look thrilled!

Lisa said...

Congrats Joy! When you get back on your feet I want to get you to make a charm for me.

Kristin said...

Yay! SO excited for you and he is just precious! So, I know you're super busy but I'm dying to know since I'm about to be in the same situation......what's it like having a boy after 3 girls?! Is it totally different or pretty much the same? I just cannot imagine having a boy! :)