Saturday, September 3, 2011

37 weeks

I'm considered full term now! I personally prefer baby to come after 38-39 weeks to feel more comfortable about lung development. Right now I'm not really doing much to encourage my body into labor, like walking and squatting. My birth center doesn't open until the week before my due date so once I hit 39 weeks I'll really get interested in moving things along naturally, such as using Evening Primrose Oil and walking, etc. They won't start labor but they'll definitely encourage him to get low in the pelvis and soften the cervix.

At my 36-week midwife appointment we couldn't find his heartbeat (I could feel him moving so I wasn't nervous) which has been really difficult this entire pregnancy anyway. So the midwife grabbed the sonogram wand and did a quick survey to figure out what my little contortionist was doing. He was apparently in a very strange position, ha ha! And I very, very briefly saw a very blurry picture of his face (ancient sono machine!).

Soon I'll post a clear picture of his face on this side of the womb! Can't believe he'll be here in a matter of weeks!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Wow! I can't believe that it's so close! I'm so excited for you!

Vixbil said...

You're nearly done, it's soooo exciting xx