Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My Star Spangled Beauties

 I'll let pictures speak for themselves... actually I didn't take very many pictures and we did so much more than shown here! Ate awesome food, water balloon fight, Slip-n-Slide, sat and chat, lit some smoke bombs, adults watched True Lies while the kids watched Narnia in another room after all the sun and water!


Love this one! Zoë has the greatest, tightest hugs!

Zoë would sit for a picture but she refused to stand; so my ugly porch it is, ha ha! At least he beauties distract from it. Had their tops custom made at Mighty Sweet Designs.

Cheeser!

Mmm... chocolate pie for dessert!

Slip-n-Slide for all sorts of fun! Kept kids distracted for quite a long time.

It started off as a nice, cool day but it got super duper hot. My husband and father-in-law decided to help me cool off. I got shot with a water gun a lot and kept hugging everyone who was soaking wet even though I was wearing regular clothes instead of a swimsuit. We went home before it got dark because I was so tired and uncomfortable and the girls needed to go to bed. They ended up not being able to sleep.

It sounded like a battlefield in my neighborhood. Those fireworks you see that your city puts on? Neighbors all around us had those fireworks and were shooting them off across the street, a few houses down, behind our house, etc. We had plenty of fireworks to watch. Surprisingly Elaina was the most scared after being the most excited. I got Zoë out of her bed to see them out the window and then took her outside with me; she started shaking like a little leaf! Poor thing! So we ended up watching the Macy's thing on TV.

I love the Fourth of July! It's my favorite holiday. I had a lot of fun, the kids had a blast and my husband was like a big kid (his idea to bring the water slide and he brought the water balloons)!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

So cute...love those shirts!

BrandiH said...

Your girls are so cute! I love when Daddies are the biggest kids out there.

Thanks so much for the comment on my blog. I keep reading it over and over to remind myself that everything is fine and normal.

Vixbil said...

Happy 4th July, sounds like you had a great day and I LOVE the girls tops.....so cute! xx

The Mommy said...

Love the pictures and I'm SO glad that you stayed cool!!