Sunday, May 1, 2011

And Baby is a.......................................

The day is finally here! I can tell you what we're having!!! By the time this post goes up (I'm writing this Saturday night and scheduling it to post on Sunday afternoon) we'll be cutting up a cake that has either blue or pink frosting in the center for my mom-in-law's birthday. So when we cut into the cake the family will get to see if baby is a boy or a girl!!! I'll post those pics or vid later (probably a vid).



Okay blah blah blah!





Just get to the good stuff!



What did you have for lunch today?




I'm really tired... and hungry now that I asked about lunch....





Okay so most of you just scrolled down to the picture immediately anyway..... I know it was YOU!




Here you go.................












Surprised? Shocked?! We were! We ALL thought baby was a boy! For the few who voted GIRL you were spot on! Four girls. I'm just beyond shocked, ha ha!

I think her name is.....................

.......Izaria Jewel.

Izaria is from the Hebrew name Azaria which means "Whom God has Saved". I just didn't want two "A" names in the family (we have Abigail) so I switched out the "A" for an "I" because I'm cool like that. Her name would be pronounced i-zar-ee-uh. Her nickname would most likely be Izzy or Iza (short "I" sound on those; not long like the given name).

Our children's middle names are always after a family member but with a little twist to be unique; Elaina Joi (different spelling), Abigail Lynn (after mom-in-law Lindee) and Zoƫ Beth (after aunt's middle name Elizabeth).

Daniel is the one who came up with the middle name because I wanted to use either Sue after my mom's middle name or Ann after my sister's middle name but they just didn't fit smoothly. Then in a light-bulb moment - he suggested my sister's nickname. Brilliant! (My sister is Julie Ann and we call her Jewels all the time.)

Daniel is still sitting on the name because he can't just commit to something in the spur of the moment (seriously... like ever! Unless it has to do with [good] food or wrestling or the Chiefs). But I'm pretty sure that is going to end up being her name! Will let you know when he finallllllllllly commits!

A namesake. A name. A GIRL! Ahhhhh! I just can't believe it. I'm getting a 3D scan just to be sure (I do this EVERY pregnancy because I'm never convinced, ha ha). And not because I don't want a girl but because I am a planner and NEED to be 100% sure or at least 99% sure.

I'm rambling. I'm excited! Okay go on your merry ways!

14 comments:

Vixbil said...

Oh I'm soooo excited for you guys, poor Daniel is going to be all girled out but you will have sooo much fun. Gorgeous name too! Hope your family love the cake
xxxx

Kaysha said...

Yay! Congrats! I am so happy for you!

Susan Sene said...

Woooo hooo!!! I'm so excited! And I'm kinda jealous you came up with a name so quickly...we are STILL deadlocked on a name for our second girl. :)

RELH said...

Congrats!

*~Chelsea~* said...

OMG! CONGRATS!!! It's only a 6.25% chance that you can have 4 girls, mathematically (yes, I'm a nerd) so that's very rare! Yaye for you guys!!! And, yes, I guessed "boy," too! We were all wrong, haha!

Becky said...

Congrats!!! My sister is pregnant with her 4th girl as well right now.

The Mommy said...

SOOOOO excited for you!! Love the name, but I can totally understand Daniel not wanting to fully commit just yet.

Kristin said...

Oh, Yay!! How exciting!! You know I am fully expecting mine to be a girl too! :D Isn't it so much fun now that you can have her name and start planning and dreaming of everything! I can't wait to find out mine, although honestly I'm so sure it's a girl that I would be totally shocked to find out it was a boy. Haha! I have about 4 weeks before I find out. Anyways, Congrats!! Love the name!

Alyssa said...

Congratulations!!!!! I was sure it was a girl :)

BrandiH said...

Congratulations on the girl! Poor Daniel, he may want to run away when puberty starts to hit.

Love the name and the meaning behind it.

Amber @ Striving For 31 said...

My mom is the second of 4 sisters and I was always so jealous of of that! I can tell you from watching her - she has a lifelong support network of best friends. Her sisters would (and have) dropped everything time after time for each other and for each other's children.

Congratulations!!! YAY!!!

Also, I love the name. We will use Isabella for our Belizean princess (hoping at least 1 is a girl!) and we thought about going with Izzy for the nickname. I think it's adorable. :)

Twinside Out said...

Congrats!! Such exciting news! The name gives me goosebumps - love it!!

My sister just found out she is also having another girl. Girls are so much fun! :-)

Mel said...

That's exciting! Congratulations on another sweet princess! I figured for sure you'd have a boy, the odds of 4 girls have to be pretty freaking slim, right?

What an interesting and unique name, too. I cannot believe you picked one you love so soon. I was just befuddled on picking on second girl's name for some reason. I think it's so fun you've gotten to pick FOUR girls names, though. Girls have more fun options and just seem more neat to choose.

I think God knows Daniel has one HUGE heart and he just designed him for a house full of women. What a blessing.

Kristen said...

YAY! Congrats on another girl! That's soooo exciting! The name is beautiful, too!