Monday, April 11, 2011

Almost 17 weeks

I have been so busy that I forget that I am pregnant until I finally lay down for the night and feel a few flutters. It always makes me smile! At 17 weeks my little Gummy Bear is about 5 inches from crown to rump and weighs about 5 ounces. I've got a list of baby names going but Daniel has been hush about it for the most part. I think we'll start to narrow things down once we know if we're having a "him" or a "her"!

Daniel and I went out on a date this past weekend. We went to Abuelo's and had some Mexican food. It was one of those things I really wanted and then once I got it I was like, "Ehhhhhhh... okay!" I avoided milk like the plague in my first trimester and now I'm guzzling it. I'm a chocoholic normally but I've not wanted it much this pregnancy. Every now and again I get a hankering for some but a few bites and I'm fine. Hope that habit sticks after baby comes; might help me lose weight faster!

Been doing a lot of decorating! Will post pictures of the girls' rooms soon. They're coming out so great and I'm excited to have the big girls move to the new rooms. Then it's a matter of moving Zoƫ into their old room and by that time we'll know the baby's gender (2.5 weeks!) and I can pick out paint for their room. I may co-sleep for a few months but I still like having the nursery set up. Daniel thinks I'm crazy but I don't think he understands. The momma bird needs to build her nest!

Went to my sister-in-law's house Saturday for a Ladies' Night. I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow and seeing the movie Jane Eyre on Wednesday. I don't normally go out as much as this and it's nice! Mommas need to get out when and if they can from time-to-time.

After my hair cut I'm picking up an order I placed on Sears.com since it is on the way there and we'll probably hang out at the mall for a bit just to get out and be out of the house and especially as we don't normally go out toward that side of town.

Can't upload the picture of the haircut I'm having done so that is strange. I better get to bed so I'm not a zombie in the morning.

4 comments:

BrandiH said...

Wow, 17 weeks already?! It's great you are getting out of the house, mommies definitely need that to keep their sanity. Enjoy your adult time!

The Mommy said...

How can you be 17 weeks already!? This pregnancy is flying by...for me.
Can't wait to see the new hair pictures. Enjoy your time out and about!!

Daniel Hopkins said...

Your hair looks awesome! You should put up some pics

Kristin said...

Isn't it weird how pregnancy changes your tastes? I used to be so addicted to coffee and would drink it every day and now I can't stand it! So weird!