Saturday, March 5, 2011

Things that make me smile!

With three little girls you must know that laughter fills this house (so does screaming, shrieking, yelling and every now and then... silence reigns). Mostly it is me laughing at them. Oh their antics, their silly little phrases!

Like when Zoë twirls in a circle yelling, "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Weeeeeeeeeeee!"

Or when Abigail says her prayers: "Dear Jesus, I want a baby brother. Please help my baby brother to grow strong and helfy. And to drink water and juice and pop so they can poop and pee. Amen!"

And like when Elaina says, "Abby stuck her thumb at me!" when she means 'tongue'.

I especially love it when Zoë walks over to me, all serious and just says, "Mom." Pause. "Mom." Her little eyes searching mine. I have no idea what she wants. I just parrot her back, raising my voice as I do it until we're both just yelling, "MOM!" back and forth to one another and we're both laughing.


I also love it when Zoë walks over, touches my cheek and pushes my face until I'm looking at her. If I look away she'll reach up and do it again until she is back in my sights. When she is satisfied I have looked at her long enough she'll toddle off. 


And I love it when I ask Zoë if she wants something (bath, snack, milk, fill-in-the-blank) and she says, "Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!" as she runs to the bathroom/kitchen/fridge/fill-in-the-blank. She also says, "Yeee-sssssss" really, really cute. Oh how I wish I could get her to do it on camera. She'll be so serious and nod really slowly as she says it, too.

I have a harder time remembering the funny things the older girls say and do, probably because Elaina is at school most of the time and Abigail is my little independent girl who likes to play by herself a lot. The big girls were pretending to be singers the other day and started singing about the most random things... and yet I cannot remember what they were! I kept thinking, "I should so remember this for later!" And then I get distracted, of course. 


Remembering Zoë's antics is so much easier because we're literally side-by-side all day long and a lot of her behavior is repetitive still. She loves to take toy cars and slide them on the ground making car noises (or trying to make the noises, at least). And she loves to pick up Barbies and make them dance around by waving them and stomping their feet on the ground and she makes them "talk". Mostly the Barbies just say, "Doo doo doo doo doo."


A really funny thing that happened today was that Zoë brought me a doll and I pretended to nurse it and said, "Does your doll want boobies?" She ripped that doll out of my hands without warning, started climbing up my lap unsuccessfully while doing her slow nod, face serious and saying, "Yyyyeeeeesssssssss". Apparently she doesn't get I was referring to the doll! LOL! I picked her up, plopped her on my legs and she just started laughing with abandon and patting my breasts. She was so excited. Newborns nurse for nourishment and hunger. Toddlers do it to bond and be close to their mothers. It was so precious! She doesn't get much anymore but it is still bonding, still closeness and touch. I rarely ever nurse her in the daytime. I only nurse when she first gets up and right before bed.


Abigail is also my expressive girl. She is constantly saying and doing things that make me just laugh out loud! I need to start carrying around a tablet and writing things as they happen. 


Elaina is more serious, more emotional. She says and does silly things, too, don't get me wrong. She IS a kid. But mostly she just laughs at everything Abigail and Zoë say and do. She's like me; I'm NOT a good joker but I do enjoy laughing at other peoples' antics. 


What do your kids say/do that make you just throw your head back and laugh?!

5 comments:

The Mommy said...

Such cute stuff!!
How on earth can Zoe be walking?? It seems like only yesterday that you gave birth!

Joy@WhenDoesDaddyComeHome said...

LOL! She was actually my earliest walker (at 10-months). She's 16-months now.

Twinside Out said...

Such a sweet post!

I really can't believe that Zoe is 16 months already! They grow so fast, it just boggles my mind.

It cracks me up when Doodlebug is in his jumper, and he makes it move closer and closer to the tv. It's like he's saying, "c'mon Mom, can't you take a hint!" And my sweet little Inchworm discovered yesterday that if she makes an "f" noise, she can spit all over my face. I know I shouldn't encourage that, but it was unexpected and surprised her too - the look on her face made me laugh so hard.

Steph said...

Wow! It's been a long time since I have been around! I can't believe Zoe is so big! My baby Sawyer is 11 months old already too! Crazy huh?
CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW PREGNANCY!!! I love it when I hear people I know are pregnant! I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy! Loves.

Susan Sene said...

What a cute post! Ri is doing the same thing with cars...although we really only have a musical train and a duck with wheels. She does most of that when we're at her (boy) cousin's house.

I love when I ask Ri a question and she nods her head and says "yeah". I know it's not polite and we're working on that, but it still cracks me up. :)