Monday, March 21, 2011

Building Our Nest

I don't know if it is because spring has sprung or because I'm pregnant and have this strong desire to begin putting our home together to welcome another addition but....... I've gone a little nesting/spring cleaning crazy. We decided to go with moving Elaina and Abigail to our third story (if you read my last post I was debating on rooming situations for all the kiddos).

Elaina picked a pink for her room and Abigail picked purple. We have to save up almost $1000 just to replace the windows up there so I'm trying to sell some things I've had stored (and forgotten about) or just don't use anymore.

So anyway, back to my crazy cleaning. I have been dragging stuff down from our third story to our first floor laundry (our laundry room is the size of a small bedroom). I'll be storing what was up there in the laundry area. And I've been dragging what was in the laundry room, which doubled as a playroom, up to the third story. I left all the heavy stuff for some guys to move, no worries! I know my limits and actually feel great because I took my time and only took what I could handle.

I don't know why I chose this week to do all of this because Elaina is home all day for spring break (so I have three to look after, not two) and Abigail's birthday party is this Saturday! Her actual birthday is this Thursday. She is going to be four! She's my sassy girl, reminds me of me!

I've decided Zoƫ will move to the bigger bedroom since it is already pink and it has more room. I hope she transitions well! I'm really nervous about this part because I just don't know how she'll do with moving to a big bed AND a different room AND losing her big sisters to the third story around the same time. The bed she'll be getting from big sister is one of the bunk beds and it already has rails on it. It's too big to fit in the nursery so to a new room she will go! Won't happen for a few months but prayers welcome!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Sounds like you are making lots of awesome changes! Springs always makes me want to change everything, too! I've been making lists for weeks! Haha!

The Mommy said...

I think this rooming situation sounds great! I hope everyone transitions well.

Twinside Out said...

Good luck with the transitions! I think it sounds like a wonderful plan.

Reading this has inspired me to do some Spring Cleaning!!