Friday, September 24, 2010

Exciting News!

So I don't know if I've ever mentioned on here before but Daniel and a few buddies started a worship band. They took forever trying to come up with a name so I stepped in and offered some suggestions and one of them took. I want to introduce you to Waiting Here! You can click the band name to visit their Facebook page, listen to the music, check out the photos and become a FAN! Tell your pastor about them and see if they'd be interested in having the band come out for a show.

Wholly Surrendered is my favorite song of the four listed. If you listened which was your favorite?! I love my husband's voice. *sigh* It is the very first thing I noticed about him.




Since we're talking about him and I'm feeling all mushy right now... I met Daniel on a missions trip to Mardi Gras. I was in an internship Bible college and relationships were a huge no-no! Our church and a few others got together for this trip so we were meeting new people for the first time. Needless to say I wasn't really paying attention to all the people involved on the trip beyond my own roommates (four other ladies and two guys).

Daniel was the worship leader on the trip and when he got up to sing I was prepared for a train wreck (in my defense I had never heard him sing before and he was a really, really, realllllly goofy person and had a weirdo beard). Those first notes hit the air and my mouth   l i t e r a l l y  fell to the floor. I'm not kidding! I was standing there gaping with my mouth hanging open. 

And...... I actually knew in that moment I was going to marry him. Then I tried to run from that thought since I had strict rules in the school but it caught up with me and 8 months later we were saying "I do".

Some people notice the eyes or the butt first. I noticed the voice. So mesmerizing and haunting! Go listen to Wholly Surrendered and you'll see what I mean.

3 comments:

Alex and Jill said...

Hey girl!

I can't believe our babies are almost a year old either!! I wish I could go back to when she was just a few weeks old. :(

It's so funny that you said a fall theme is so original...that's sort of what I'm doing too! LOL I'm doing some fall carnival type things, but I'm not doing full-blown carnival...ya know, clowns and stuff! HA! I love fall as well, so I'm doing some fall inspired foods/candies. I'm not really doing a theme though...just bright colors, I think.

I buy a lot of Amelia's clothing at Target & Carter's store. I also buy a lot of Zutano brand because their things mix & match. The owl in her room came from The Crown Shop (Hallmark).

Can't wait to see what you do for Z's birthday!!

♥Sarah said...

Thank u for posting this, I really needed this this morning. I work every other weekend and miss out on church. This really helped me get through this am! =) Wholly Surrendered is a GREAT song!!!!!!

*~Chelsea~* said...

Awe! How sweet that you got married 8 months after you met - you just knew! :-) I love that story!!!

Daniel has an amazing voice! :)