Saturday, August 28, 2010

Say hello to my little friend!

It is official people! And I don't think I could ever be more excited, which is absolutely INSANE... but AF is finally here. I haven't had a period since January 13, 2009. So far, so good. I was expecting doubled-over cramps and lots of painkillers but so far I had no inkling AF might be upon me except for EXTREME bloating. Ugh! I lost 5 lbs over the last couple weeks and yet my stomach looks pregnant. It's so gross and annoying. I can't suck it in to save my life. People keep asking if I'm pregnant. I'm like, "No! I'm just super bloated" as though they care to know that. Well... like YOU would care to know any of this, ha ha!

I almost forgot where I kept my box of feminine products it has been so long. We don't have a typical bathroom; just a claw tub, toilet and porcelain sink (no drawers) and then I remembered I keep them stored UNDER the tub in a plastic container, right in reach but out of sight of curious little hands. I fondly remember finding one of my mom's pads (unused) when I was a toddler and putting it in my underwear and waddling around. This was before the ultra-thins, too, so it was quite thick and large. THANK YOU WHOEVER MADE ULTRA-THINS! 

So I'm off to snuggle with my husband on the couch and maybe work on some jewelry and........... chug tons of water to hopefully get rid of some of this bloat.

As far as WHY I'm excited... Daniel and I have talked about baby #4 and it is on! Having my period will hopefully kick start these dear ovaries of mine. Please pray for me! I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2008 and was anovulatory (not ovulating). We're not done having babies, maybe 1 or 2 more, and we want to have them now so they're all close in age and we're not in our 50's and still raising babies because we waited or whatever. So pray that my ovaries and hormones and body cooperate, that PCOS can be done with once and for all. G'night friends!

9 comments:

Susan Sene said...

WOOOO HOOOO!!! Great news!!! So excited for you!

Alyssa said...

YAY!

Becky said...

YAY!! I'm really excited for you Joy! I hope it all goes well :)

Becky said...

I'll be cheering on your ovaries, lol.

The girls are all so darling. And growing up so fast!

Julie said...

Congrats! Wow, I never thought I'd congratulate anyone on getting a period! lol

I keep my products in a little plastic container too---how funny!

Oh yeah, I totally remember those pads Mom used to wear---they were borderline Depends! ha ha ha ha ha ...

I am soooooo loving not having periods. One of the few things I like about pregnancy! :)

The Mommy said...

You ARE insane! Just kidding! I I'm happy for you and hopeful that PCOS will not be a problem for you again.

Kaye said...

You are so funny. If I'd have known you wanted a period so bad, I would have offered you mine. Ughhh. =)

Seriously...happy for you guys. Good luck! I'll be praying!

Steph said...

That's so crazy! Time flies, doesn't it? I'm so excited for you and hope that everything goes well! Happy TTC and Prego vibes to you!

Katie said...

WHOA! Number four!!! You are a rockstar! Number two is still kicking my arse! LOL!