Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Getting so big!

Zoë is 9-months-old now! We tried and tried baby food but she doesn't like it. I think she's going to skip baby food like Abby did. She does eat her Gerber stars (those puffs that dissolve) and her sisters try to sneak them as well.

She is still nursing and nursing and nursing! She really hasn't had a moment where she's refused to eat or that I felt she may want to wean. Quite the opposite. She is in love with my boobs. I'm sure she'll love to hear that when she is older! Anyway I still haven't had a period and I actually think my PCOS is rearing its ugly head so I've been back in weight-loss mode. I think we want to start trying for another baby in November, after she turns a year old. Daddy wants a boy so we'll see what happens! In the meantime I'm focusing on the weight loss and trying to get this baby to eat some food so we're not nursing so much (so my period will hopefully show up! Must have at least 6 hours between one feed per day/night for your body to begin regulating).


She is also still sleeping in our bed. I have moments where I feel ready for her to be out but most of the time it really doesn't bother me. It has really started to bother Daniel though. I think he wants his wife back! We've been focusing on getting her in the crib for nap time and still no luck. I'm not a "let them cry it out" kind of mom. It's just not for me so telling me to do it is only going to make me go cross-eyed in frustration. I think once they reach a certain age, over a year, that is fine. Before then they're just babies. All they know is you and the comfort of your arms. Weaning her slowly is fine with me. We've got time! Before I know it she'll be older and in her own room. So for now I am cherishing having my baby in my arms.

Zoë is a crawling machine and loves to put anything and everything in her mouth. I can't tell you how many times I've caught her chewing on the dog's bone... *GAG* I'm a bit of a germophobe,  taking courses in microbiology will do that to you, so it grosses me out so bad!


Her eyes are still blue, too! I wonder if they'll darken, lighten, stay the same or change to green like mine did. I definitely don't think she'll be brown-eyed like her sisters. And she still has her birthmarks though they've definitely faded quite a bit. No one really asks about them unless they're under the age of 10. But it makes me wonder- do only blue-eyed babies get stork bites? Because all the babies I know with them have blue eyes!


Being able to put her down to play for a bit is such a nice reprieve. I can get things done! Granted I have to chase after her and grab her with soapy hands while doing the dishes if she gets into the dog's water bowl or starts eating cat food............ seriously she is so fast! I've broken out the gate to keep her from trying to digest every little fiber or dust bunny she finds.


Oh and PS- Our black kitty is not a girl.... he's a boy! His boy parts decided to drop recently. Right now he's sporting a pink collar but at least it has skulls on it. He is still nameless, too. I like Solomon and Daniel likes Jackson (after a Stargate character). We shall see who wins! For a guy who claims to hate cats and didn't want me to bring this one in he sure does have a strong opinion about his name!!!


Here are my boys! Hanging out in the cat condo. I'm surprised Beckett let him up there. I don't think he got to sit there for very long. Ha ha! That is Beckett's spot and he has made that very clear.

8 comments:

The Mommy said...

Zoe is so big and beautiful!! Time is flying by!
Excited that you'll be TTC soon!

Kahla said...

She is so cute! Is she a red head??? Adorable!

Emery still has blue eyes and they will stay that way. They are bluer and bluer every day. I have green/brown, but both my kids are blue like Jeff. As for storkbites, she has a tiny one on the back of her neck just at the base of her hair. Then she has a hemangeoma (no clue how to spell that) on her belly. It's tiny, like the size of an eraser. They said it'll go away by the time she's five and may leave a small red spot. I didn't know it but apparently up to 75% of cauc. baby girls have them... who knew?

Kaye said...

She is really a doll!

We did "cry it out" with Patrick successfully, but it broke my heart some days. With our Abigail there was no problem...she was happy to be going to sleep any time we put her in her bed. I don't like to tell people that when they ask about babies' sleeping habits though because I know how unusual it is and how blessed we were that she did/does that!

Can't believe you're already talking about another one! So exciting! You are so much braver than I!

*~Chelsea~* said...

She is absolutely beautiful, Joysters! At what age will you stop breast feeding? I'm pretty clueless about all things baby, but I hope everything goes well with the weight loss and your PCOS.

I just taught developmental psychology and advanced developmental psychology. You'll be happy to know that the "cry it out" method is not recommended by developmental psychologists. Babies often form secure attachments more quickly with mothers who try to comfort the baby right away when they get upset. So you're doing a great job. <3

The kitties are SO cute!

Julie said...

Z is such a cutie patootie. Interesting idea about blue eyed babies and stork bites. I would tend to think it's true since all my babies were blue eyed and had major stork bites. Now they're all getting freckles, which we celebrate. I know, weird to get excited over freckles, but the girls think it makes them more like me. lol
Well, it's nice Beckett let kitty up there for a little bit...maybe they'll get used to each other?

Susan Sene said...

I still haven't done much with baby food...although Ri will eat it. I just don't like it. I've been handing her things that we're eating from the table (safe portions, of course). :)

I actually started my period at the beginning of this month. I'll be curious to see if it returns this next month. How often are you feeding Zoe? I'm still feeding Ri 6 times a day.

By the way, my husband REALLY likes the name Zoe and wants to name our next girl (if we have one) Zoe. :)

lucky little bird said...

My son has a large stork bite on his nose and his eyes are a dark hazel -- sort of dark blue-green. So we can't totally bust your blue eye - stork bite theory. :)

Becky said...

She's an absolute doll, Joy. Seriously adorable.