Friday, June 4, 2010

Birthdays, Bunk Beds and Babies!

Okay so there was only ONE birthday and there's only ONE baby but making those words plural just sounded better. Today was Elaina's birthday. Though I guess technically it is already the next day since it is past midnight. What is wrong with me to still be awake?!

Anyway my darling, beautiful eldest turned 5. Five years ago I held my first baby in my arms. She was nameless but so incredibly wanted and loved. She is also my trial-and-error baby, as most first children are. Basically means I didn't know what the heck I was doing so she got the brunt of most of my biggest mistakes (like her crawling off my bed not once but TWICE) as I tried to figure out what worked and what didn't.

Elaina is so incredibly beautiful. This day was so packed that I didn't get to take two minutes to really reflect on the past five years or that magical day she went from being an "inside baby" to an "outside baby". I remember vividly holding her in a rocking chair in her room, while she was a newborn, smelling her and saying to myself, "Hold onto this... it won't last forever!" And then I blinked and she was 5 years old, still not TOO big for my lap but getting there.

Birthday pics:


Today was also the day we got the girls' bunk beds put together........ finally! One of the legs to the bottom bed was mismarked so we had to wait almost 2 weeks for a spare to arrive. It arrived just in time to give the girls the best gift ever on a birthday... new beds!



And a couple weeks ago a sweet little girl turned 7 months old and I haven't posted pictures of her little photo shoot at all. In fact I'm still editing the pictures but I will show you some. She was not very cooperative this photo shoot. She'd look everywhere but at me, would hardly smile, just wanted to eat grass... ahhhh well... you can't win them all! They still turned out terrific!

Dirty Toes from playing in the grass! LOVE 'EM!

7 comments:

The Mommy said...

All of your babies are SO cute! Elaina is looking so mature!

Photogrl said...

Happy Birthday, Elania!

Isn't it crazy how quickly the time flies!?!

LOVE the dirty toes picture...just precious!

Kaye said...

Happy birthday, Elaina! Love the one where Zoe is playing in/looking at the clover.

*~Chelsea~* said...

You have such beautiful babies, Joysters!

Susan Sene said...

Aww happy late birthday Elaina! How fun for them to have bunk beds!! I ALWAYS wanted bunk beds - but I had only 1 sibling...brother...and we had separate rooms.

Susan Sene said...

Aww happy late birthday Elaina! How fun for them to have bunk beds!! I ALWAYS wanted bunk beds - but I had only 1 sibling...brother...and we had separate rooms.

Mamarazzi said...

oh my goodness those dirty toes are adorable!! all of the kids are just darling!

I am stopping by to invite you to come play in my Red, White and Blue Swap! I am taking RSVPs right now and I didn't want you to miss out!!