Thursday, April 22, 2010

Half a Year Ago

Zoë is going to be 6 months old tomorrow! She's already half-a-year-old. Just today, while she was on the floor of the playroom squealing, I thought back to when Elaina was this age. It is really hard for me to believe it but Elaina was crawling at this age; right before she hit 6 months old. I can't imagine Zoë crawling! Considering I hold her all the live long day and all.

I'm going to do pictures of her tomorrow; hopefully the sun decides to grace us with it's presence.

She does not like it when I put her in this chair! 
She will cry and cry until I do this:

 (Pick her up if you didn't catch that.) 
She's getting more hair!!!

Oh I forgot to tell you! I gave her applesauce! Her doctor didn't care what order I started anything if I even wanted to start anything. Well the other night we're sitting down to dinner and she's smacking her lips and watching us eat. It was so cute and so pathetic! Applesauce was all we had and I thought it wouldn't hurt to try a couple little bites.

So excited to try some "Appuh-sus!"

Until she realized how tart it was!

Oh fun times, fun times! I think I'll stick with baby cereal for now. We haven't gotten any yet but probably will the end of next week. She's so eager to eat with us that I'm fine with trying it, though if she wasn't showing signs of wanting to eat I wouldn't even give it a second thought. The big sisters are REALLY excited to feed the baby!

11 comments:

Dee said...

LOL! Those are adorable pictures. They grow up too fast!

ams33 said...

Happy 1/2 birthday Baby!

The Mommy said...

How can she be six months old already!!??
She's adorable...just like her big sisters!

Jewels said...

Happy 6 months, Zoë! Did you manage to get pictures today? Her face after trying applesauce is funny--she's a doll!

The Lynchs said...

Haha - I love the last picture! She does not look happy with that applesauce!

Andrea said...

Happy half birthday, Zoe! It makes me a little sad that babywearing didn't work for Evan and I. I SO wanted to do it. How do you like that sleepy wrap that I see in your previous post? I've tried the Moby (looks similar) and Evan likes it better now that he can face outward (he hated facing towards me when he was younger), but it's still awkward getting it on and putting him in it.

Clueless_Mama said...

She is a little cutie! It must be nice to have the extra hands that want to help out with her:) That last picture it looks like she is not sure about what's coming her way. Heehee

Vixbil said...

No way, where did 6 months go!!
xx

Susan Sene said...

They do grow up so fast! Ri is 7 months today and I just can't believe it! What a cute picture of her in her highchair!

I haven't given Ri anything but breastmilk yet. Sometimes I feel pressured to because that's just what we're always told to do...when they're 6 months, start solids. But she is doing great nursing still so I am still exclusively doin that. Although she does seem interested in food...I keep tellin myself I'm gonna start solids "this week" but never do...

Let'sMakeADifference said...

Just found your blog! Your children are beautiful! Happy 1/2 birthday to your youngest!

Trench Mommy (Mandy) said...

She's adorable! I can't believe how big your kids are getting!