Monday, March 1, 2010

The big 2-5

Yesterday... was my birthday! I am now 25 but I still feel like a teenager sometimes. My husband gave me his cold for my birthday so I'm feeling a little under the weather today; drainage and coughing. Blech! Daniel's birthday is exactly a week after mine except on a leap year.

Miss Elaina was on the news! It was a blurp about her school and they showed her class dancing around. It was super cute and I'm going to show her when she gets home from school.

I'm trying this new thing right now where I don't pick up after anyone. So far I feel like I'm going to rip my hair out because of the messes. I've lasted about 7 hours so far today. I've almost broke down a few times to scrub everything. Maybe I'm being petty or selfish or maybe I'm just plain tired of the same old routine everyday. But I'm just not picking up after anyone today. Or even tomorrow... maybe...

Well I need to go make a grocery list. Even with this darn cold I need to get groceries (don't worry, I use disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer like crazy as it is).

Bet you can't stick your fist in YOUR mouth!

That picture reminds me.........................




.................. the GREEN GIRLY GOODIES giveaway event is going on RIGHT NOW! Click button to go to the blog and enter to win some fabulous prizes from Etsy artists. 10 giveaways have posted and there's about 10 more to come!

BWS tips button

9 comments:

The Mommy said...

Happy late birthday, sweet friend! So sorry to hear about your cold...we have that going around in our house too.
Zoe is so cute! I love the way babies stick their entire fists into their mouths.

Mrs. Alex P said...

Happy Birthday! I turned 25 last Monday and my son was born on October 22, 2009 ....small world! Hope you have a wonderful day!1

Anne Elizabeth said...

When are you going grocery shopping? I need to go too.
Oh and I am so sick of picking up after everyone too. Let me know if that works for you:)

Jewels said...

So sorry to hear you're feeling icky! That's not a fun way to start the week.
What did Elaina think when she saw the video?

Sarah said...

Happy Belated Birthday Joy!

Kaye said...

Happy, happy birthday! I'm sending some readers over to your giveaway blog via my weekly Tuesday post (on Mrs Nespy's Frugal World).

Photogrl said...

Happy birthday!

I hope you're feeling better soon...being sick is NO fun!

*~Chelsea~* said...

Yeah, I've played the "I'm not gonna clean the house" game, too. It's always us that end up suffering b/c no one else cares. *sigh* I hope your bday was great though it's a bummer you were sick!

Princess Avanaar said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! =D

I've tried the "I'm not cleaning up after anyone" game and it always backfires. Granted, I have a teenage step-son who should have learned long ago how to clean up for himself! But it's still so frustrating to have to be the one who cleans up everything!! I hope your strike solves something! =D