Friday, February 12, 2010

Motherhood is so glamorous!

So I was thinking about how glamorous motherhood makes me feel and thought I'd share!

1). Unwashed, unbrushed hair is the new trend! Seriously, try it out some time. Or if you're about to have a baby it might be inevitable unless you are absolutely beyond desperate. I've had moments of desperation where I push Z into Daniel's arms the moment he walks in the door and run upstairs!

2). You smell clothes to see if they can last another wearing before being washed. Hey, I KNOW that I'm not the only one who does this! I have caught my own husband sniffing his clothes just to "make sure". When you are doing a dozen loads in a week you have to start making everyone wear their pajamas and jeans another day before the wash.

3). Puke. Spit up. Down your shirt, between your breasts. 'Nuff said.

4). The days where you have the unwashed hair from #1 and you can't seem to find a moment to pee or brush your teeth or even eat anything beyond a handful of cookies from the cookie jar because that is just what is available and accessible.

5). Speaking of cookies from the cookie jar... your diet has just gone to H-E-double hockey sticks.

6). You cannot even recall the last time you put on some mascara and lip gloss. In fact... where is the lip gloss?! Oh yeah, your child ate it.

Being a mom is so very glam!

But I don't think I could trade it in for any great hair do, fabulous makeup job or even a daily shower. The toothless grins, the spontaneous "I love you!", the homemade cards and scribbles are so worth it. Besides, one day they'll be all grown up and you'll have all the time in the world to get all glam and clean............ that is until the grandkids come over and #3 happens.

***Do try to get at least 10 minutes to yourself everyday, Mommas!

3 comments:

The Mommy said...

I had a day this week that I forgot to brush my teeth. Luckily, it was a day that I stayed in my pajamas and didn't leave the house! And spit up is my signature fragrance.

Kim said...

Love it! So very true.

Photogrl said...

All your points are true...especially the part where you wouldn't change it for the world!