Monday, February 8, 2010

Kid Quotes

Last night Daniel led Elaina in prayer. He said, "And Jesus, please heal those that are sick!" Elaina solemnly repeated, "And Jesus, please peel those that are sick!"



The other day I was telling Elaina how much I miss being a kid and that she should enjoy being a kid because adults have to do everything (thinking about paying bills, doing all the cleaning and shopping, etc.). And she pipes up, "Oh yeah! When you're big you have to wash your hands, get your own snack and get your own water!"

Hmm... if only that were all! Ha ha!



My girls have been such big helpers lately. Elaina has started doing some chores and is eager to help because I'm huge on positive reinforcement. They help and I gush because too often I find myself saying, "No!" or find myself having to correct them. I know too much can be detrimental so there are times where a polite, "Thank you" suffices. But there are times when I just give them the bubbliest praise. I absolutely love the look on their face when they know Mommy is proud of them!

*ahem* Anyway, back to my story! So one day I go grocery shopping and when I get home Elaina and Abigail are emptying bags and helping me put cold things in the fridge!

If you know me you know that I get completely engrossed in what I am doing and may not notice the things going on around me. So I'm really into putting pantry items away when I notice that some things are missing. I start looking everywhere for the food. I open the fridge... lo and behold there are cans of tomatoes and boxed popcorn in the fridge!

So the moral of the story is that if you ask a toddler to help you put groceries away and you can't find something........ check the fridge!



I had to go through my Facebook statuses to find some of these and jot them in here so I could remember. There are so many things that Elaina and Abigail have both been saying and doing but I just cannot find the file in my brain. I really want to make sure I get these memories on here more often.

What have your little chickens been up to?
(*chickens is my pet name for kids)

12 comments:

Becky said...

Totally love that she is praying for God's "peeling"! Too cute.

Meredith said...

Too cute! I love the "From the Lips of A Child" posts!

Becky said...

I Love these types of posts too.

Will also helps with putting the shopping away and it's so adorable. He also likes to carry the basket around in the supermarket. The only problem with that is the ammount of chocolates and toy cars that seem to make their way into it by the end, lol.

Anne Elizabeth said...

I am cracking up at you finding your stuff in the fridge! The A's LOVE to help me put groceries away. It is one of their favorite chores. lol Today little a said "But I'm not a girl!" when I asked him to wipe the table off for me. lol

Renee said...

I love it! Kids are so fun. :) I asked my Kiddo the other day if she knew she made me happy, she said yes and that I made her happy too. I asked her how mommy makes her happy and she said, "Gives me baths, puts clothes on me, and gives me lovens" :)

just me, dawn said...

Well, you know my little chick is determined to stay in the egg a little longer, but my nieces crack me up.....the 3 year old came home from gymnastics last week and couldn't wait to show her father that she learned how to do "humping jacks" ....and she could NOT be convinced that they are "jumping jacks" LOL.

Kaye said...

I am so bad at remembering those adorable sayings that I swear I'll never forget. I need to start writing them down more often!

Your girls are too cute!

The Mommy said...

CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!!

Diana said...

Too funny! I love the "peel" comment. DD can't talk yet, but when I was a nanny to a 4 year old boy, he loved "Life is a Highway" by Rascal Flatts. He sang it, "Life is a highway, I wanna ride it, Oh my loan!" I always cracked up.

*~Chelsea~* said...

Awe, your stories are so cute! Popcorn in the fridge = adorable! Haha!!

If Jeremy gets his way, I'll be asking you parenting advice soon! He's so ready to have kids!

The Lynchs said...

Haha - little kids are the best!

Photogrl said...

So cute!

Miss O. has starting leaning down and hugging & kissing my belly before getting on the school bus every morning. I just melt.