Thursday, January 7, 2010

Laughter!


Happy New Year from my girls!

I forgot to mention on my last post that Zoë laughed on Monday. We were waiting in the pediatrician office and good golly it took forever. The older girls started running around the room, jumping, dancing and I was so annoyed with waiting that I let them make a little noise. I figured the doc would hurry up to come see us so we'd get out fast. Note to all of you- that does NOT work. Ha ha! After our appointment I nursed the baby in the room and a little boy in the room next to us started making his noise and it made me giggle. Perhaps his mom was trying the same tactic.

Anyway, while the girls jumped and danced around the room Zoë watched them, grinning and kicking her little legs in excitement. And then................ she laughed! She giggled at her sisters! It was so sweet. She did it a few times. She hasn't giggled since Monday but oh it made us all swell up with joy and pride. My daughters were so happy she laughed for them first, too.

When I mentioned she was giggling to her doctor her doctor was shocked. She said most babies start laughing closer to 4 months?! Really? I'll have to look in my baby books (I have a dozen of them!) and see what they have down for that milestone. I think Zoë is going to be one intelligent child anyway just from watching her and studying her.


She has already done so much so quickly. She tries really hard to control her hands and arms to reach for toys. But she hasn't even tried to roll over, which isn't a big deal to me. Abigail didn't either! Perhaps because they're bigger babies.

Well I am off to watch Stargate with the husband. We're re-watching all of SG-1!





 

More New Year's Eve pics:







 











9 comments:

Vixbil said...

Your pix are so gorgeous
xxx

Leah said...

Adorable pictures, and how cute about laughing. There is nothing cuter than little baby laugh. :-D

The Mommy said...

So cute! Abigail and Elaina are really looking a lot like each other!

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

Aww, how sweet! I cant wait until Trevor laughs. I think its gonna be soon!

I think your two older daughters look so much like you and Zoe looks like your hubby! Theyre all adorable!

*~Chelsea~* said...

TOO cute! So glad she giggled...wow! Later when she does it more often you'll have to get it on video!

Anne Elizabeth said...

Cute pictures:) I can't wait to hear her giggle!

The Lynchs said...

Oh how I LOVE sweet little baby laughs!

just me, dawn said...

i love baby giggles :) it soothes the soul!

Kaye said...

I love a sweet baby laugh. =) Love that it was for the older girls too!