Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Big Baby Girl

Well Zoë did awesome at her 2 month appt. We ended up not getting the vaccines. Her doctor is not a fan of delaying vaccines and gave me her spiel. Every vaccine she insisted Zoë get as soon as possible are the very ones other doctors say they can wait on or not get at all. Ugh, so frustrating! I don't want to over-tax her immune system or pump her with possible toxic ingredients (did you know formaldehyde is a common ingredient in vaccines?). I, of course, have every right to do what I need to do for her. There's no pressure but yet there is, know what I mean? I'm going to go with my gut but I'm still trying to figure my gut out.

She weighed 9 lbs 5 ounces at her last appointment when she was about 3-4 weeks old. In just a month's time she has gained............... over 3 lbs!

She is now 12 lbs 15 ounces. No wonder my arms ache!!!

I began my workout regimen and eating better again. I made myself do it to the end. The problem with me is that I can't follow the person on the video who is doing the lower-impact moves so you can ease into a routine. Oh no... I end up following the person doing everything full-out. Thankfully I didn't hurt myself.

There was more I was going to write about but I'm pooped and going to bed.

6 comments:

Leah said...

Sometimes I wish the entire medical community would come to some sort of agreement on things such as vaccines. Some doctors say get them right away, some say no big deal to wait. Good for you for doing what feels right for you and your family. At the end of the day, that's all you can do.

The Mommy said...

I wish all of the doctor's could agree on what we "should" do for our kids! I hope you figure out what your gut is.
Glad that your baby is growing so well!

Katie said...

Yay for a big, healthy baby girl! Boo for vaccine-weirdness!

And. . . okay, I am curious. . . what is your guess on gender? We will be finding out (around Valentine's Day), but I wondered what you thought?

I feel different this pregnancy in some ways. I am definitely sicker as far as actually vomiting. I am also definitely moodier. With Will, I was on perma-happy, or really felt as if my moods were hardly affected. With this pregnancy, I am irritable, go from 0-60 in about .2 seconds, and definitely just overall moodier.

But I am craving very similar things to what I craved with Will, and I don't have a gender "feeling" yet. My husband and good friend both think it's another boy, and I just feel like a clueless woman. I did have a dream it was a girl, but I just don't know! :)

So, with all of my "clues". . . what do you think? I should also state that I honestly have no preference. I'd love a little girl, but I also would love a little boy! Healthy is all I need!

Kaye said...

So glad that she is happy and healthy. And I agree with a few above...I wish doctors would get together and figure out what to seriously recommend to those of us without a medical degree! Good for you to sticking to your decision!

Christy said...

I haven't been here in a VERY long time. I have delayed vaccinations with my daughter who's 2, we just started vaccinating her and have to agree with your sister, she's just over all handled them much better, reminds me I need to call tomorrow to get her another one. We waited to begin them until she was 2 and her immune system is actually able to handle them. We also do not get all of them, one being the chicken pox vaccination, my son's got it and I really, really regret that one in particular and there's a couple others she will not be getting at all as well.

Dr. Sears has a book on vaccinations and a great information and advice on delayed vaccinating.

The Lynchs said...

Good for you for standing your ground!