Monday, December 28, 2009

Full of Wisdom

Apparently I'm soooooooooo wise I need some of my wisdom stripped away from me. That's right, folks. I will be having my wisdom teeth removed. For the past week, over Christmas, I have had the worst teething pain I ever remember experiencing.

Today I made an appointment with the oral surgeon. To say I am excited would be a lie. Though I cannot wait to feel the relief that I know will come after it has all healed up. January 15 is the day!

We currently do not have any New Year's Eve plans. Might do some sledding during the day with the kiddos (well Daniel would; not me). Daniel and I will most likely stay up but then again we always do. I've never really done anything big for NYE. It's usually just another day on the calendar for us.

That is what is up with me for now. Have a post on vaccines coming up!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Its just another day for us too. We use to go to the movies, but that was SO long ago. Even then we were back early. I don't really like being out, I prefer my home, and to watch the count down on TV. I don't care if that makes me sound old! ;P

I need my wisdom teeth out too, but I can't afford it. At least Im not in pain yet!

The Mommy said...

I've had all of my wisdom teeth removed, but not all at the same time. I was so nervous when I had the last two done, but it wasn't all that bad. I feel bad for you because I know you'll be holding down the "mom of three" job while recovering. Best wishes, sweetie!

Kahla said...

I had all mine removed in 99, two different appts, but worth it! Hope it gives you quick relief!!

just me, dawn said...

Ouch! I have that to look forward to as well....at 4 months my dentist decided it is finally time for my botom wisdom teeth to come out so once bebe girl arrives, I have that appt to look forward to, woo-hoo.
we usually travel for new year's, but not this year :)

Becky said...

I had all mine removed at once, and though it was rough for a couple of days, the relief was worth it.

My grandma commented once that every gal she knew seemed to have 'wisdom tooth' pain when they were young moms...possibly to make us compassionate towards the pain our babies have while they are teething.

*~Chelsea~* said...

I haven't had any of mine removed, but my dentist told me a few months ago that I probably should in the next year or so. They're coming in straight, but my mouth is too small for them.

It would be just another day for me, too, but it's our 10 year anniversary of our first date! :-) I have plans to make it very special for Jeremy and I'm taking him to a nice hotel in downtown Atlanta. Can't wait!

The Lynchs said...

I had all 4 of mine removed at one time! It wasn't too bad at all though - I had a milkshake for supper that night ;)

Jewels said...

I hope all goes well with the removal!

So where do you go sledding around there? I wish I could take the girls. Just when I thought I would go ahead and get them buits and snowsuits, despite having all of that already in storage, I can't find any at the stores! Oh well, there's always next year.