Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Aftermath!

This was baby girl's first Christmas and she truly was the best gift of the year. I know, I know... it's kind of corny but it is definitely true! We were blessed immeasurably.

Daniel got me a griddle, a rolling pin and some kitchen utensils! He also got me a new camera!!! That is by far the coolest gift because I LOVE taking pictures of my children, as you'll see below. My mom-in-law got me Bath & Body Works' new scent Twilight Woods and I love it. Also got a cookbook that I'm DYING to try out!

And the kiddos were blessed. From us there were Barbies, Littlest Pet Shop characters, board games, jigsaw puzzles, books and a few DVDs (throwbacks to my childhood like Oliver & Company). Abigail got a play vacuum and play food. Elaina got a toy microwave and a doll bathtub. Zoë got a handmade blanket and some money that will go toward her crib.

I put together a sort of gag gift for my mom-in-law. I got her a package of flexi-straws and filled a shoebox with those birthday candle numbers. Every birthday she forgets to buy the candles and ends up using whatever she has. So if someone is turning 26 and she only has a number 4 she'd use just the 4 anyway! Needless to say she laughed when she saw she now has all the numbers!

Here are the kids in front of the tree on Christmas morning. We were waiting for Daddy to finish shoveling snow (it was a white Christmas after all!) so that we could leave go to Nonna's house and I was testing out the new camera.


Abigail being cute!


Zoë says, "Merry Christmas"!


My new favorite picture of my little model!


We also got some homemade gifts this year! The girls got piggy banks they get to decorate with Sharpies, Daniel and I got a gift basket with coffee, popcorn and homemade cocoa mix. And here are pictures of the blankets the two youngest girlies got as well as the toys my mom-in-law made:

This is Zoë's fleece blanket. It has her name on it in some beautiful fabric. Around the border of the entire blanket are phrases- the meanings of her name, proclamations and verses.


This is Abigail's crocheted blanket and the toy balls my MIL made! There is also a huge ball not pictured that is similar that she made for Elaina. Abigail LOVES her blanket! She is not a blanket person but she cuddles with this one. I think that is so sweet!!!


Elaina got clothes and a Melissa & Doug magnet doll instead of a homemade blanket. It's a running joke in our family that the middle child is overlooked all the time so my MIL made blankets for the middle children FIRST.

We still have Daniel's grandmother's house to visit on Tuesday for dinner and gifts. I look forward to good food and showing off the baby!

7 comments:

Becky said...

Wow they are some nice blankets and gifts. You must feel blessed to have such a lovely mother in law.

Elaina is growing SO big now. She looks so much like you do too :)

The Mommy said...

Looks like you all had a great Christmas!
I LOVE my griddle!!

Sarah said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas! :)

Leah said...

Looks like you and your family had a wonderful Christmas. :-D

Dee said...

Those are great pictures!! I LOVE that blanket-I wish I had someone to make those in our family.

And the chair would support her starting at about 3-4 months when she can hold her head up really well. I started putting Isabella in hers as soon as she was 3 months. You can buy them at BabiesRUs. It's called a bebePOD PLUS. It also comes with a tray with a toy that you can attach to it.

*~Chelsea~* said...

Can I just tell you that you have the most beautiful children I have ever seen?? They are SO CUTE and looking so big! I'm so glad you had a wonderful Christmas...and kudos to hubby for getting you a camera! That's the perfect gift for my Joysters! Though I thought you just got a new one? I'm excited for you! I got a new one on Black Friday and I like it much better than my old one.

yourbirthright said...

Hi Joy!!

It looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas and Zoe is Bee-You-Tea-ful!!! (with her chunky self LOL) I have been meaning to check on you to see how your birth went and from the comments you have made on my blog I know it went well. Gotta run but plan to come back later and check out more of the pics. Congratulations! You deserve it!! :-)