Friday, November 27, 2009

Wow- busy Black Friday

I did not participate in the Black Friday madness but I did venture out after it was over. Once we got home Daniel built a fire in our firepit in the backyard so we could roast hotdogs and marshmallows for dinner. Then we all came inside to put the tree up and listen to Christmas music. We then put in K.ung F.u Pan.da and opened our tin of holiday popcorn but the kids started having meltdowns so we had to stop and send them to bed. All in all it was a wonderful day!

Every year we pick out a new ornament for each family member for the tree. I couldn't find a baby one for Zoë and Daniel couldn't find one he liked so we'll have to get theirs next time we go out. Elaina found a pink crystal, Abby a snowman and mine is a dangly iridescent crystal. I also foundd this awesome ornament that you can customize yourself! Each one had a different number of snow people on them and you write your family members' names on the hats with a Sharpie. So I couldn't pass this one up!:



Thanksgiving was wonderful. Here's Zoë hanging out in her bouncer while we all dined:


The kiddie table:


Here's a shot of our mantel. The entire nativity set was bought at the dollar store (love me some deals!):


Our tree after we were done decorating:


Enjoying marshmallowy goodness. She got it all over her hair somehow too!


Nothing like roasted, melty marshmallows!


After the kids went to bed Daniel left to watch wrestling with his brother at his house and I wrapped all the stocking stuffers I bought for the older girls today. I already put them in their stockings, too, so they're nice and plump!

Hope your holiday weekend is going great!

9 comments:

The Mommy said...

Sounds like you are on top of all the Christmas stuff! I love the Nativity!

Anne Elizabeth said...

LOVED this post:) I think I saw the ornament Elaina ended up getting and thought that she would like it when I saw it:) I really like that tradition and want to do that with my kids too. Cool about your fire pit. I didn't realize you guys had one.

Becky said...

Everything looks gorgeous, Joy...including the girls.

Happy Belated Thanksgiving! I'm thankful for bloggy friends like you!

Sarah said...

Everything looks great Joy! A fire pit sounds so fun! I still want one!

Katie said...

Wow, I am jealous by how much you have done for the holidays already!!!

We were planning to get the tree up this weekend. . . I forgot how much early pregnancy wipes you out. Next weekend, I suppose.

And I LOVE the fire/hot dog/marshmallow scene. Sounds like something we would have done when I was a kid. I look forward to that type of fun as Will gets older.

*~Chelsea~* said...

Your house looks beautiful and the kids look cute as ever! :) Glad you had a nice holiday!

Leah said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Thankgsiving holiday. :-D

Kaye said...

Can you come do our house now? =)

Seriously...everything looks great! Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun!

Jewels said...

wow, you are on top of things, sis! all the holiday decor looks great too.