Saturday, November 21, 2009

I can't believe it!

Okay actually I can believe it. I've already been asked, by multiple people, the infamous question, "So when are you going to have another?" while holding my baby who is less than a month old. The real question they want to know the answer to is, "Are you going to try for a boy?"

I've had people go so far as to tell me that we need to try for a boy. Even perfect strangers! I find it amusing because it's such a personal decision for a married couple to make. And yet others love to put their 2 cents in as though they're welcome in the bedroom. The questions really don't bother me so don't get that impression. I just find it amusing.

The honest truth is that we don't know. We don't have plans to stop or to keep having children. We don't have a number. We are pretty laid-back about it. If it happens, it happens. And if it doesn't... well it doesn't! Most likely it will happen or we hope for it to happen because Daniel truly has his heart set on having a son (or two).

So in case anyone was wondering now you don't have to ask. But we're definitely not thinking about it right now and probably won't until our youngest has her first birthday! I need time for that labor and delivery pain to fade, ha ha! And I really would love to reach the goal of getting back to at least 140 lbs before having another baby.

Speaking of baby- Miss Zoƫ is starting to really smile at me! I feel silly playing peek-a-boo with her right now because she doesn't really react. She just stares at me like I'm an alien with three heads. LOVE HER!

7 comments:

Jess said...

I totally get it! I have my 3 little guys and people always asume I want a little girl and that we will keep trying.

just me, dawn said...

people are so funny! I have actually been asked if we will have another....and bebe girl isn't arriving for a few months! It is amazing how being pregnant (or i am supposing, having kids) opens you up to any question people can think of! It doesn't upset me, but am amazed by the fact that people think they can ask, and that i should answer :)
too funny about the alien with 3 heads!

Becky said...

I hear ya! People still ask us if we're "going for" a girl, lol. Like I want to discuss "going for it" with strangers!

I just got caught up on your last few posts. That little baby is cuter by the day!

The Mommy said...

Having girl #2 brought on the "are you going to try for a boy" question for us. We don't really know. It's such a personal thing.

I'd LOVE to see 14o pounds again. (sigh)

Photogrl said...

I'm never amazed by what people ask anymore!

Steph said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steph said...

In the same boat! People keep asking me if we are hoping for a boy this time... Um.. sure if that's what comes! But I love having my girls be girls too! I totally wouldn't mind another girl. :) And no, that's not why we keep having kids. :)
It's totally funny what people will ask, huh?