Tuesday, November 10, 2009

As Promised

Here are the pictures I was able to take of Zoë today. It took a few hours and a couple nursing sessions. She wouldn't stay asleep for the pictures except for the first two posted. AND... I completely forgot to put her bow in her hair! I had it sitting out and everything. I also wanted to do some of her in her pumpkin hat. So I might try to take more tomorrow with the accessories.

Anyway, here is my baby girl at 2 weeks and 4 days old.

After an exhausting photo session I dressed her, grabbed the Bo.ppy and fed her. So she is good and asleep in this pic! I just kiss her forehead and cheeks all day.


So sleepy! She's frowning because I put her down probably... ha ha! She woke up a few seconds after this shot.


Her hair is not red, it is blonde (see pic above). I think that the red in her skin and the flash was making her hair look red in this pic. I posted this one to show her beautiful eyes. Elaina has hazel eyes, Abigail has dark chocolate eyes and Miss Zoë appears to have eyes that may be blue or eventually turn green! This is the eye color I had as a child and my eyes are green now.


Posing in a basket with the blanket I crocheted just for her:


"I'm not too sure about this, Mom..." I had to put a diaper back on her as we had a couple accidents. You can definitely tell she's eating enough! Look at all those yummy baby rolls!!! She already looks like she's gained another pound.


My favorite picture; her toes!


Her precious hand


Super sweet and content


She just laid there for a long time, chilling out.


I'm going to frame the sepia ones all together. I never did newborn photos with my other girls. I could never get good shots of their hands or feet. So I'm quite proud of myself for these, even if they aren't professional. She is such an amazing baby and very peaceful. This was fun provided I had gotten everything I needed ready the previous night so all I had to do was undress baby and take pics. Her room, especially with the sun beating through the window, was really toasty for her, too, so she liked laying there na.ked.

Since I'm at a loss of what to write about lately, with good reason of course, is there anything anybody cares to know? Any questions about my life or parenting or whatever?

Well I've got one sleepy baby in my arms right now so I am off to bed to catch whatever sleep I can!

9 comments:

Becky said...

They are such beautiful pictures Joy! I adore the sepia ones and I think they would look lovely framed :)

The Mommy said...

Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing your sweet girl with us. And I love the blanket.

Elaine said...

These are beautiful pictures! You are really talented. Who needs a professional? I think the toes is my favorite.

just me, dawn said...

I love newborn photos and have been toying with having them done when bebe arrives....but also considering doing it myself. Yours look awesome. Zoe is beautiful!

Photogrl said...

GREAT job, Momma!

I just love her little toes!

Kaye said...

Those are all beautiful! Great job (on the photos and for making such a beautiful little girl!)

*~Chelsea~* said...

I LOVE the pictures, my little photographer! :) I have lots of questions, but I won't overwhelm you with them - one question is...are you using cloth diapers? My friend Melanie wants to use those and she gives birth in December. :) I guess they have a thing now that you can attach to your toilet that's like a sprayer (kind of like you have in your kitchen) so you can rinse them off in the toilet.

Is Zoe easy going or does she cry a lot? How is she in that regard compared to your other two?

Your blog is the best! Miss you!!

Stacey said...

She is beautiful!!!& Your pictures are amazing, they look professional to me:)

Susan Sene said...

I think you did an awesome job! I love the ones of her hands and feet - baby hands and feet are SOOOOO sweet!!