Monday, October 12, 2009

Single Digits

8 days to my due date!

So what I've been feeling lately:

-Decreased fetal movement. She's a lot quieter but still moves. The movements are not as active as they used to be.
-Pressure! She has definitely dropped but today especially I've felt lots of pressure.
-Contractions that are not painful and are inconsistent. They're definitely noticeable though! Like right now... I am having one.
-Cervical pain/discomfort! I'm hoping it is because there's progress going on.

I've been getting some loose ends tied up like balancing the checkbook and paying bills. And hopefully I'll make it to the grocery store so Daniel doesn't have to do it himself. He detests going himself and we usually try to go together.

I remember one time, long ago, I sent him to the store with a very specific list. And when he came home he was just so proud of himself! He stuck to the list and got everything we needed. But when I looked at the receipt I about fell over because he spent nearly double what I would have spent (this was during a time he was making less than $20K a year). I ended up getting really upset and ever since he's never gone by himself. I feel awful about how I reacted, especially when he had originally been so proud of himself. How naive and selfish I was in those first couple years of marriage. I should've encouraged him and been gentle.

Ah, well, I digress. I trust that if he does have to go by himself at some point that he'll do an amazing job.

I've been drinking the tea and using the Evening Primrose Oil. My appointment is tomorrow and I'm hoping for some big progress from having to use these pills (oh yes... I hate using them!). Having progress would mean having a membrane sweep, in case you're wondering. I don't know if they'd do the sweep this week or wait until I hit 40 weeks. Regardless, it won't work unless your body is ready for labor, so I'll ask if they'd give it a go. Especially since everyone is still talking about possible shoulder dystocia due to my previous birth (which could lead to a broken clavicle in baby and a broken tailbone in momma).

4 comments:

The Mommy said...

I can't wait to hear about your progress! I had my membranes swept three times with Maggie. Needless to say, nothing happened other than a HUGE increase in CM.

Ashley said...

The countdown is on!! Can't wait to see pics of your little miracle;)

Kaye said...

Can't believe it's so close! You MUST update us after the appointment tomorrow!

By the way...I too learned the hard way about keeping my mouth shut when hubby is proud of himself but I am displeased.

And similarly...he did the grocery shopping last week and spent the same amount on 6 meals as I did previously on 11. Sigh...must regard shopping as MY job since he doesn't see the importance in playing the coupon game. =)

Andrea said...

I'm so excited!!! I love your new layout, btw. :-)