Monday, October 5, 2009

Raspberry Leaf Tea, anyone?

I bought a box of the raspberry leaf tea, as suggested by my midwife. A lot of pregnant women believe it helps put your body into labor but I think it's just one of those old wive's tales. But there ARE benefits to drinking this tea while pregnant.

It helps your blood clot during and after delivery, reducing the risks of hemorrhaging. It is said to strengthen and tone the muscles of the uterus, helping them to contract more efficiently during labor. It may also help to shorten the second stage of labor by making contractions more effective. Some studies have also found that it reduces the need for an assisted delivery.

Sign me up!

Now to find out how good it tastes...

I feel like Zoe wants to fall out sometimes. Lots of pressure and hopefully it is causing some good dilation and thinning. Isn't that nice? I'm sure you all care to have updates on my cervix. I walked four blocks today and had super contractions afterward. It was awesome! Hope things are looking favorable.

I don't have a laptop so I may ask someone to update my blog for me when something happens, unless you guys want to be patient and wait for me to get home and get settled first... I know! I'm so mean sometimes! Any volunteers?! I only want someone who wants to do it and don't want to make anyone feel obligated so only volunteer if you truly want to do it. Most likely have to be on my Facebook as updates will come in through there (we update FB via the phone).

So not much else going on! I can't wait for my appointment Thursday. Perhaps they'll see if anything is going on dilation-wise. Not sure if and when the midwives do that but I sure hope they check because I'm incredibly curious!

And for those who've asked about her middle name... I don't think Daniel is going to be giving her a full name until she is born. I've been pestering him near to death about it and he won't even tell me the ideas he has! Hopefully I can get it out of him tonight...

6 comments:

Anne Elizabeth said...

Where did you find the raspberry leaf tea? I couldn't find it when I was pregnant.

just me, dawn said...

me me! i volunteer, and I am on FB....if you still need someone, let me know.
So how does the raspberry leaf tea taste?

Sarah said...

Wow..your ticker says 14 days!! I'm getting so excited for you!! I can't wait to see her!!

The Mommy said...

Please have somone update your blog. I cannot handle any extra suspense. Of course, I volunteer.

Kaye said...

It's okay if you want to talk about your cervix. Isn't that what all pregnant and recently pregnant women do? =)

I remember thinking how weird it was for people to talk so openly about such a private part of themselves before I had children. Now of course, I'm totally unphased and probably giving others reason to wonder the same thing!

Hang in there...she's almost here!

Katie said...

I also volunteer! You are getting sooooooo close!