Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What I Have Left to Do

I am one of those people who has to have lists and journals to keep my head clear of all the madness. And lately I feel like my head is going to explode with trying to keep up with what I have left to do. I just feel so unprepared right now.

-First and very importantly, I got my reimbursement check from the crib company already! They told me 4-6 weeks (which runs into my due date) and I got it in what? Less than 2 weeks?! Maybe they could feel my seething anger through my emails... ha ha! Just kidding.

-One thing I was hoping to get before baby arrived was a diaper bag. I am so sick of the boring diaper bags I've used in the past (I always stuck to just black or brown but I want COLOR as I've always loved color and sparkle and pizazz). I was lucky enough to get the buzz that Mama Bargains was selling Fleurville diaper bags for over half the cost. So if you are looking for an amazing diaper bag GO CHECK IT OUT before they're sold out! They have pink, blue or a botanical bag (I got the botanical one). It is definitely more pricey than I wanted but I plan on using it as a purse AND diaper bag, so that justifies the cost for me.

-Another thing I need to get before, or right after Zoe arrives, are nursing bras! I plan on buying one Bravado to try out. I've only heard wonderful things about this bra. I've tried Ta.rget and Mthrhd Mat.ernity and they do NOT cut it for a busty diva like myself. I only have one bra that I can wear right now and it is a La.ne Bry.ant, which won't work for nursing.

-Need to pack a bag for my girls for when they're at the in-laws' house! Probably pack some extra clothes, diapers for Abby and wash/lotion in the event they need to be bathed. Who knows what state of stink they'll be in when labor hits!


Things that I have gotten done:
*Installed infant seat
*Packed hospital bag
*Typed care sheets for my in-laws for when they watch my kids
*Nursery (minus the crib)
*Washed baby clothes

I've had a lot of contractions lately and have been chugging water like a madwoman. And, as gross as this may sound to some, I feel like I may be dilating already too. Of course if you're a birth junkie you know that dilation doesn't mean squat until you hit 5cm. You can remain dilated for many weeks preceding labor! And I genuinely hope that's the case for me (that I'm dilating but still don't give birth for several more weeks).

I'm off to dye my hair! With the recent purchases and stuff I have left to buy I don't want to spend the money to get my hair cut. Instead I'm going to dye it (right now)! It's been quite a few months since I have so it's going to be refreshing. If I think of it, I'll post pics!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I want you to hold out a couple weeks too because I want to be jealous that you have a pumpkin! Like I told you before an October baby would be awesome. Of course nothing wrong with a Sept baby either. You know me..I love Fall.

I bought a "pricey" bag too and use it as a purse/diaper bag. That's the way to go in my mind.

Glad you got your check so soon!

The Mommy said...

I LOVE Bravado! nursing bras!!

Ashley said...

can't wait to see some nursery pics;) I hope you have a great weekend!!

Leah said...

You're doing great, and have so many things complete already. YAY. :-D