Sunday, September 6, 2009

It's a Full Moon Tonight (*UPDATED*)

Just an FYI to anyone who is in their last few weeks of pregnancy: tonight is a full moon. I'm not superstitious. I believe there really is a scientific reason more women go into labor on a full moon night than other nights. I'm just too lazy (read: tired) to go look it up right now.

This past week I've had a lot of contractions. Some take my breath away but they don't hurt. I feel like my stomach is in a tight bear hug and I feel all crampy during one. It's kind of exciting because I hope that when the time comes, I go into labor on my own.

I've gotten a lot of little projects done at home. But once I complete one little project, a dozen other ones seem to pop up! I've made 3-4 trips to the thrift store the past two weeks alone to drop off stuff we don't need/want/use. I always feel so good when I do that, like I'm unburdening myself of junk.

We cleaned out all of our clothes. I've cleaned our 3rd story and organized our holiday stuff. I've hung things that need to be hung but I had put off. I cleaned my laundry area (the shelves, wiped down the washer and dryer, etc.), reorganized the kitchen cabinets, found a place for Zoe's dishes and bottles in the kitchen. Phew!

I'm still trying to find a crib. I've got our old one boxed up and waiting for UPS in the foyer (cannot wait for them to pick it up because I hate clutter!!!). And I realized that I don't have a diaper bag. I mean, I do have a diaper bag but I'm getting tired of it and it's not very functional. So I found one I really like, but it's about $60! That's a lot, for me, to spend on a bag. I can find it cheaper on Ebay so I am going to go that route one of these days. I think it's about $20 cheaper via Ebay.

Blah, blah, blah. Such a boring post. Thanks for putting up with me!

***Updated to Add***

My belly button is now inside out! Ahhhh! It's so weird and feels weird. I don't like it. I don't remember my belly button actually becoming an outie when pregnant with my other two but Daniel says it did. Amazing what we forget in time, when we feel we'll never forget it.

7 comments:

Amber said...

Nesting and contractions!! It won't be long before Zoe arrives. :)

The Mommy said...

Nesting!! I love it!
Finding a good, functional diaper bag is so hard! I have a Vera Bradley Baby Bag ($92) that I love. It was my "push present" for having Ellie. I got a string of pearls and matching earrings with Maggie.
I'm SO excited for you!

Ashley said...

Can't wait to see little Zoe!! PS. I LOVE her name!

Joy said...

The Mommy- I read your comment to Daniel and he said, "I have to get you a present now?!" LOL! I told him he better... as our anniversary is right after she's born.

*~Chelsea~* said...

It's so cute that you're nesting, Joysters! Awe, you have an outie! Remember when we got our belly buttons pierced together? We had awesome moms to let us do that, lol. I was such a NERD about it, too - I gave my mom a presentation about how it was safe and wasn't going to get infected. It still hasn't ever been infected and I've had it for..10 years! We got those when we were 14. omg. Miss you! Where are you registered for Zoe? I feel like you told me but I don't remember.

Monkey's Momma said...

It won't be long now! :)

Leah said...

Pretty soon you will be welcoming your little one to the world. YAY!
:-D