Saturday, September 26, 2009

And on the 7th day God rested...

Technically Saturday is the seventh day since it ends the week. And being a pastoral family we don't exactly rest on the Sabbath. So today I decided I would not do anything. Not a darn thing. I was feeling really feisty and under-appreciated... if my house was going to be destroyed by two little girls and a grown man, so be it! I wasn't going to do anything.

I got up with the girls this morning to eat breakfast but once Daddy got up *I went straight back to bed and didn't get out of it until 2:30.

My girls got to watch Saturday morning shows (Hannah Montana, of course) and their dad made them mac-n-cheese for lunch, ketchup on the side like their mom! I woke up from my drool-wet pillow to find two munchkins climbing into bed with me for nap time.

*To be honest I hadn't even meant to fall asleep when I came up after breakfast. I was laying there, resting and petting Beckett. Next thing I know everyone is trampling up the stairs for naps! But it felt great!!!

I didn't clean up any messes today, except for a few dishes. No laundry, no vacuuming, no nothing. I didn't even make dinner. I plopped leftovers onto dinner plates, un-showered with my pajamas still on. And it was refreshing. THIS is what a Saturday is meant to be.

My personal advice to you under-pressure mommas who feel this need to always run a tight ship with perfection: let it go once in awhile! I'm glad I did. I feel awesome (and yes, I have showered now and changed into clean jammies). In fact, my husband just made me a strawberry smoothie.

Life is good!


And P.S.- my house isn't even trashed! The girls cleaned up their toys and I had Daddy do a lot of cleanup after meals. We even played a couple games of hide-n-seek past the girls' bedtime, which was delightful. Daniel is such a big kid sometimes and I love him for it.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Good for you!! This is nothing like you and what you go through, but before I left for my trip I had the house totally cleaned, kitchen spotless and dirty dish free. I came home to a sink full of dishes, egg mess on the stove and floor, and stuff everyone. Today I started to tackle it, and I was SO annoyed. I wanted to blog and put a facebook update about what a pig my husband was while i was gone, and how he left the mess for the maid, but he reads my blog and facebook, and so does my family and his. I did have a little flip out while Max was sleeping over it, but sometimes I feel unappreciated too. What would they do without us! Ha!!
Glad you got the rest you needed even if you didn't plan on it. Hahaha. Sounds like a great day to me :)

The Mommy said...

Sounds like a great day!!

*~Chelsea~* said...

Haha, how cute! You deserved the time to rest! Glad you got the chance to do it.

Becky said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. We played hooky from church tonight (something we RARELY do) because Jeff has horrible allergies and I've been feeling really crummy, too.

It was wonderfully refreshing.

Kaye said...

Good for you! We all need those days every once in a while! =) And great job to Daniel who kept the ship afloat while you were taking a rest. =)

Vixbil said...

Sounds like a FANTABULOUS day
xx

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

What a great hubby you have!!

You deserve a few more days like that before you become a Mommy to 3!!