Tuesday, September 22, 2009

36 Weeks and Some Changes

So I finally found a background I liked, though I was looking for a fall-inspired theme. Oh well! It works and I like it. I'll be working on my sidebars soon. It takes quite a long time for me to fill it all back up. Let me know if it's easy to read, since that can be a problem for some people.

Anyway, I'm 36 weeks. Holy cow that means I'm in month 9 of pregnancy! And I'm feeling large and in charge. And crazy thing is that the swelling I posted about not long ago? No more swelling (other than my fingers feeling it a bit). I'm shocked. But very happy! I thought my feet would be blimps and able to carry me off!

This week's appointment is my GBS swab. Fun times! GBS = Group B Strep
I assume that also means they check for dilation but I'm not sure. Not that it would matter this early on.

Today is also the official start of fall! I absolutely love this time of year. It is my favorite, as it is for most people. There's just something about the beauty and the smell of change. The air feels electric. It's as though people are getting themselves all revved up before the winter blues hit.

My sister sent a box of baby clothes to me from when she had her third daughter (yes we both have three girls and no boys!). It was awesome to go through and bonus, she sent me my favorite B&B Works lotion/wash! I already washed all the clothes and put them in Zoe's drawers after getting the box at dinner last night.

My MIL and SIL have volunteered to throw Zoe a little party before her arrival! This is more of a celebration party than "showering" the mother with gifts, since I have pretty much everything. Some people feel weird about showers after the first baby but each baby deserves some sort of celebration before they're born or shortly after their birth. It's a celebration of their very first Birth Day! It's always small and intimate so I'm looking forward to good food and relaxing with people who are just as excited as I am to meet my little girl! (*Decided to do it before she was born since flu season is coming up and I don't want to play "Pass the Baby" at a get-together.)

Now I'm off to take a nap. Just thinking about all we have left to do makes me sleepy!

8 comments:

The Mommy said...

Sounds like you're on top of things! I can't believe Zoe will be here in 4 weeks.
Love the new background.

Kaye said...

Glad that things are winding down for you. Hooray for no swelling! Also...love the new background and it's easy for me to read (since you asked). =)

Hang in there...she's almost here!

Infertility is Hard said...

I love the idea of a little party before Zoe comes. Sometimes I feel sorry for the children that aren't the first because they often don't get as much. What a great idea you guys have. :-D

Photogrl said...

36 weeks, already!?!

I love the background.

Tasha Via said...

LOVE the new background! Where did you find it? I looked all over to find a 3 column one awhile back and gave up=) You are SO close...only a few more weeks, woohoo!

Katie said...

You are getting so close. . . glad to hear the swelling isn't an issue. Mine was redonkulous.

*~Chelsea~* said...

I love your layout, Joysters! And I cannot wait for you to have Zoe! :-) I love your party idea before the birth - how sweet! That'll be really nice.

Becky said...

Not too far to go! Yay!

Glad the swelling is going away. What a blessing to have all those hand-me-downs!