Tuesday, August 18, 2009

School Day Part 2: Shopping!

First Day of School Part 2: Shopping!


A picture of Abigail with her own lunch tray while Boo is at school!


After school we went shoe shopping. Yes, Elaina was cranky but promised she'd be good for shoes. Eh, not so. It was one embarrassing trip to Pa.yless and Tar.get. BUT I did get 4 pairs of shoes for $30!!! SCORE! I love BOGO!!! I got 2 pairs for myself and 2 pairs for Elaina for school.

My shoes are awesome (Elaina's are too)! I love them. One was $7 and the other was BOGO 1/2 off at $3.50. You cannot beat that for shoes that were originally over $20 apiece. I like flat, comfy shoes. The black pair are one size too big in case my feet swell. They still fit, just a little loose. The purple shoes are stretchy.



At Tar.get we got more school clothes. I had to take back 2 pair of pants I had gotten Elaina as they were too big. So we got one pair of pants and one pair of shorts.

I think I'll be looking a lot more closely at 4th of July accessories/jewelry since her school clothes are red, white and navy! Bet I can find some awesome stuff clearanced. ;-)

Abigail did so good today I let her pick out something from the Dol.lar Sp.ot. She got this really cool bouncy ball that has floating, multi-colored balls inside (reminds me of a snow globe). The bead-things float around in slow motion when you bounce it. Elaina threw a fit that Abby got the ball, but she's already gotten so much in preparation for school that I told her it was Abby's turn and to be grateful.



AND we got Zoe's going home outfit. !!! I've looked high and low for something and everything was either too bright, too dull, too froo-froo... I'm excited about our find. It was less than $8, too.



Someone sent us a beautiful, hand-knit hat for Zoe, too! They made it and prayed over it while they knitted. Little did we know that these two would actually match and look cute together! We definitely didn't do it on purpose so that makes it even more perfect. The flash kind of made the colors in the hat look slightly different but believe me, they look CUTE together! It's a pink, brown and cream hat.



I can't wait to bring our baby home in this! We got NB size because I am afraid preemie size might be too small. So this will be huge on her but it's still cute!

On a sweet note, Daddy had taken this upstairs and laid it exactly like this in the crib, envisioning his baby laying there. Can I get a collective "Awwwwwww"?!



Scroll down to read the post about Elaina's first day of preschool and see pics!!!

9 comments:

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

LOVE the coming home outfit. how perfect!

way to go on the great deals you got. i LOVE coupons and sales. its so much more satisfying than shopping full price. :)

The Mommy said...

Abby looks like such a big girl!!

Zoe will look beautiful in her special outfit.

Anne Elizabeth said...

Zoe's coming home outfit is so cute! Yay for shoes! The A's need shoes bad but I'm gonna have to wait. Did you get that ball at Target too? It would be a cool stocking stuffer for my middle child;)

Becky said...

Awwww...the sleeper in the crib makes me want one more, lol.

Jess said...

AWWW...he is so sweet! I can't wait for your little one to come home...I'm dying to see her beautiful little face!

I love the comming home outfit and the hat is precious.

I love reading your blog and I love what a great mother you are, it really shows. :)

babyparamore.blogspot.com

Leah said...

You always find such great deals! That's awesome. :-D Love the take home Zoe outfit. So precious. :-D

Andrea said...

Beautiful outfit!!! I can't wait to see pictures with Zoe in it! Also, I love the picture of Abby with her tray. My brother and I each had a tray like that when we were little and absolutely loved them. My mom still has them, I'm glad that Evan will use them someday. :-) Of course I'll have to buy him one of his own too!

Tasha Via said...

LOVE the going home outfit and the little hat is SO cute!

Morgan said...

What a cute outfit! I like the knit hat! You must be so excited that you're into the 30+ weeks now!?!

Do you have a side-by-side freezer? That is what we had in our old house. It fit very very little food, which is why we used our tax return to buy a stand-alone freezer. When we bought our new house, we bought a fridge with freezer on the bottom. I find that it fits things a lot better than our side-by-side did. No more having to squeeze in tight everything.