Friday, August 28, 2009

A Day in the Life of Joy

Now that we're starting to settle into a routine with Elaina in school, I'm starting to feel more grounded. More tired, too, but more grounded nonetheless. I think being tired recently has more to do with not being able to sleep soundly.

My days lately seem to consist of sitting, sleeping, eating, more sitting and eating, more sleeping... oh and cleaning. I seriously feel like such a slug some days and am so ready for a burst of energy to light me on fire.

I think my hip is out of socket. Just a sidenote. Not really sure what to do about it. Not really an emergent situation for the E.R. and will see doctor Monday morning, bright and early. Hopefully it's just a sore joint and will feel better when I wake up tomorrow.

Oh, did I mention?! Went to doctor appointment only to be told doctor was at a birth and would be late. This is the second time this month that has happened to me. It really didn't bother me, but I had to reschedule lest I was late picking up daughter from school. Not to mention the gasoline it took to drive there! But I truly understood the delay and knew that one day it might be me giving birth and holding up the waiting room (as Sarah pointed out!).

So instead of seeing the woman doctor I'm back to seeing my regular doctor Monday. I don't know why but I'm so nervous about bringing up my birth plan to him (totally talking it to death! Gotta love having a blog). I don't want him to feel like I'm so hung up on it and will be a difficult patient if I don't get my way. Which is not true! I may ask my MIL to come with me so she can hear the heartbeat and help support me in bringing up the birth plan to him (she is his doctor as well; he saw her through her cancer!).

Okay, so what does a day of my life really look like?! Basically it consists of me waking up stinking early, which makes me feel ill. It made me feel ill as a kid and teenager when I had to get up for school, too.

I get the kids changed and breakfast on the table (cereal, anyone?! I need to get more creative with breakfast, LOL!). Elaina and Daniel go out the door and...........

...... a whole lot of nothing seems to go on. I feel like the day drones on. If I don't have errands or appointments, then it is basically Abigail and I goofing off, taking a long nap together, cleaning and organizing. I make lists of things I want done but cannot physically do myself. I call Daniel and bug him. Update my Facebook.

Yeah, it really is a pretty boring day. I'm so ready for Zoe to come and fill up those empty minutes where I am just sitting around doing nothing.

And Lord knows that in those moments when I'm covered in spit up and listening to her wails that I'll be wishing for those boring days of my pregnancy when I got to sit around and not do a thing! Ha ha!

4 comments:

The Mommy said...

Sounds awesome!! lol
I keep thinking about doing one of these posts.

*~Chelsea~* said...

Haha! Well it sounds like you're looking forward to the new bambino! It's going to be so crazy, but it's fortunate that Elaina will be in school because otherwise that would be a handful! I'm sorry your appointment got postponed, but you have a great attitude about it. :) I'm sure the staff was grateful you weren't impatient with them. Doctors schedules sure are unpredictable in the OB/GYN field!

yourbirthright said...

Hello Joy!!

You popped into my mind and I decided to take a trip to your blog. It sounds like things are moving right along. Don't be afraid to share that Birth Plan!! You are a strong and powerful woman and you have a right to think, and believe what you want. Don't let your provider intimidate you into silence. You know the type of birth that you want and it is definitely Your Birth Right to receive it. Don't sike yourself out! :-)

I send you peace, blessings, and strength as you bring it up during your next appointment. You can do it!!!

In Birth and Love
Nicole
www.yourbirthright.info

Leah said...

I love the day in the life of. :-D

I hope your hip is feeling better and that your appointment goes really well today!

Thinking of you and your family.
:-D