Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Week 24

I'm less than 2 weeks away from having less than 100 days until baby comes! That's only about 3 months!!! And this is also my last month in the 2nd trimester.

Yesterday I called the hospital to join some classes. We're taking the girls to a Sibling Class where they'll get to learn about taking care of their new baby sister, get cookies & juice, and tour the maternity ward. I'm really excited! They said Abigail could come even though the age minimum is 3 years old.

The weekend after that we'll be doing the Speedy Birth Class in one day. I'm not sure if I'll end up going because right before I got off the phone with the lady she said to bring pillows and a blanket because we'll be practicing and doing breathing. I've been through this the Real Deal twice already and Lamaze breathing does NOT work nor is it beneficial. You're just huffing. Maybe that's not what they'll teach so we might as well give a try.

I'm actually more interested in asking about hospital policies on such things as IVs, eating while in early labor, etc. I got so sick while having Abby that I threw up 5 times. I hadn't eaten anything all day. All I wanted was a glass of water and some crackers but they would *NOT* give them to me, even though we were both doing just fine and it was early on (not transition). I digress...


On another note I got Elaina's school supply list in the mail. Oh my homeschooled husband about flipped his lid when he saw it. Besides the usual safety scissors and markers, they want you to bring dry-erase markers (for the teacher), 3 boxes of Kleenex, 3 tubes of disinfecting wipes, etc. I went to public school so it wasn't a big deal to me (although this is a little more excessive than when I went to school, at least they want the kids to blow their noses and clean the classrooms!).

He had no idea the students supplied those types of things. Besides, our church has a back-t0-school supply giveaway and Elaina will be able to pick up half her list just at the church thing (markers, eraser, folders, glue sticks, etc.), so it's really not a major deal. We always have a ton of leftovers of the stuff anyway. I might be able to find some leftovers from last year.

So we'll probably go shopping in September for her school uniforms and other supplies. Daniel and I have been going to bed earlier and waking up earlier to practice getting ready for school. Sounds pathetic but it's really good for us. Except I took two naps today because I'm still so tired! I'm scared to know how I'll feel with a newborn and being sleep-deprived, ha ha!


Tomorrow is a big shopping day for me! It's payday and Stargate Atlantis season 5 just came out on DVD. We haven't seen the last 10 episodes yet so I'm super stoked to be able to get it and cuddle with my man. Let's face it, summer shows are stinking! And with the new digital HD thing our signal constantly cuts out. I think it's because we live in such an old house (100 years old!) with really thick walls.

I'm also hoping to get some, if not all, of the chair rail. I'm so ready to finish up the nursery walls! Then I can show you some of the cool stuff I've done in there.

6 comments:

just me, dawn said...

yay for 112 days to go!! oh boy i remember the back to school shopping....when do they go back?
thanks for your message to me, we are praying :)

Anne Elizabeth said...

Wow that is going by fast. I can't believe that October is almost here. I'm betting that they will be doing breathing exercises in the class. They did when I took mine. I personally think Lamaze breathing was helpful. It did nothing for the pain but it did help me to not push when I wasn't supposed too. The key is to do it correctly though. The sibling class sounds like a lot of fun. Usually your OB sets the rules for eating etc. My OB let me eat with the last two but with my first I had a different OB and they would NOT let me eat or drink anything. I got really sick too.

Photogrl said...

24 weeks, already!?!

Wow.

I love the idea of a sibling class, you'll have to tell us how it goes.

My Regular Voice- Washing Away The Gain said...

Hey you can be like me...eat a big sandwich before you go in, and then poop up a storm when pushing!! Is that TMI ? LOL!

You know I didn't take any classes?! I signed up for a breastfeeding one (had to pay too), and then didn't go because I couldn't find a cheap doll to bring with me to pretend as my baby. I didn't want to pay 20 bucks for one, since I was having a boy. My husband didn't feel like going either, so we skipped it. Luckily I didn't have a problem when Max was born, so it ended up not mattering except we wasted some money. Oh well.

The Mommy said...

I cannot believe how this pregnancy has flown by!!!
Sounds like you are all staying busy.

Mel said...

The classes always have their ups and downs. I am sure the sibling class is fun. Almost everyone I know lately is on their second baby and they have all given their first children a "doll" that they teach their little ones to be gentle with, so stinking cute.
I remember getting tons of school supplies every year! It was always such fun to have a backpack full of new stuff!