Friday, June 19, 2009

Sick

I'm actually really sick right now. I finally managed to make it downstairs and out of bed around 7pm tonight. I really hate taking medicine when pregnant but my brain felt like it was going to explode, so I broke down and took some Tylenol. My body and joints are sore, my sinuses and throat feel swollen. Nauseous, runny nose, basic flu symptoms. But thankfully, no puking! I don't think I could handle that.

Little Zoe Bug knows her momma doesn't feel good because she put on quite a show all morning long. And I do mean all morning. It was quite the entertainment when all I could do was lay in our dark bedroom.

Elaina, my sweetheart, told me, "I can make you feel better, Mom, because I'm so cute!" I laughed until I had a coughing fit and told her that did make me feel better.

And Abby has had a hard day without her mom. But Daddy did a great job. He even gave them a bath tonight (and washed their hair!) without asking. I think this man deserves some brownie points.

Oh and before I forget, he took the girls shopping today for some necessities (diapers, shampoo, etc.). Well he stopped at one store special for me. My husband isn't the type to bring me flowers... oh no! Instead he brings me freaking awesome Christian rock music. He got me this CD (feel free to listen to a clip or two and fall in love with Red). I have their first album and found out just last night they had a new one. So my sweetheart went to get me the CD when he was out running errands. I think I've fallen in love all over again.

I'm off to blow my nose and turn in early. PLEASE GOD, let me feel perfect tomorrow.

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Awww that is so sweet!!!!
I hope you feel better soon:)

Hope Endures said...

I am so, so sorry you're sick. I hope a good night's sleep did the trick!

And how awesome is your husband - what a great gift. I *love* Red!!! "Breathe Into Me" is one of my all-time favorite songs.

Rest up & feel better soon! :)

Anne Elizabeth said...

I really hope you feel better soon. I am getting sick now too and I am just praying like crazy that E doesn't get it nor do the other kids. Elaina is so cute:)

Vixbil said...

I hope you are feeling better soon sweetie
xx

Kahla said...

Hope you are feeling better soon!