Friday, May 15, 2009

Two More Weeks!

Today, Friday, marks two more weeks to the ultrasound. It feels like this week flew right by me! Hoping the next two go quick too. After that they can slow down, thank ya very much.

Nothing new to report. Feel like I'm just a sitting duck, waiting for some cool sprays of inspiration to come over me.

I went to an appointment today and then started driving towards black clouds to Tar.get to return two pieces of the crib (one broken and one piece looked like someone tried re-gluing slats into the side). The skies went so dark it felt like 8 o'clock in the evening.

By the time I reached Tar.get it was pouring so hard that I was soaked the moment I stepped out of the car. I couldn't even see! So I had two kids with me and these crib pieces I had to run into the store. Why couldn't I have waited for tomorrow? We were all freezing in the store air conditioning as we waited for someone to exchange the crib pieces.

Tangent- I called them ahead of time to ask if I could bring just the pieces of the crib back that were broken instead of the whole box. They said it was no problem. Yet when I get there, the associates who helped me had attitude about it. Um, hello, called ahead to avoid that! Doesn't matter.

After that I dropped the kids at home and made a dash to the grocery store. I went hungry, not a good idea, especially when pregnant. It had stopped raining but halfway through my shopping the store lights kept flickering and the thunder claps were incredible, rain was deafening. Great.

When I got home all of our grocery bags were wet (inside and out!). I was soaked all the way through to my skin. I think it's time to invest in some umbrellas.

How freaking cute is this sweetness?

As you can see I just changed the entire look of my blog. Took a long, long time. Anyone know how to make my "header" better? It's kind of BLAH! One of these days I'm going to have someone make me a custom design since I'm not HTML savvy.

5 comments:

Mel said...

Target wears me out with their strict return policies. I am amazed they replaced just pieces for you! I did not register there because I have always had such drama with them.
Sucks about the rain, I cannot stand doing grocery duty when it's like that!!!

Becky said...

I've had enough rainy Washington and stormy Midwestern grocery trips to last a lifetime. Loooove the desert...we don't get any of that here, lol.

Your daughter is adorable with her hair that way. Love it.

My Regular Voice said...

Love the new look for your blog. I totally want to copy you with the font hahaha. I have a banner being made for me. Can't wait to see it, but I'm not sure when that is.
What a bummer about Tar get especially since you called ahead. And yes your daughter is freaking adorable. Love it!!

The Mommy said...

LOVE the picture!!

Can't wit to find out if you're having a boy or a girl!!

Susan Sene said...

So exciting!!! Only 2 more weeks until you'll know! And yeah, that picture is pretty freakin cute. ;)