Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Scream and Stomp Your Feet!

What do you do when...

... your preschooler screams for 10 minutes straight outside while stamping her feet?


Last night, after dinner, my MIL came over so we could all go on a walk. We put Abigail in the stroller because she can't walk far without wanting me to carry her (NOT happening) and Elaina decided to push one of her babies in a doll stroller. Every two steps she had to stop and adjust the baby in her stroller.

I warned her that I was going to take it back home if she kept stopping and she said she understood. But she kept it up and I followed through. When I took that stroller away it was the end of the world. The sky fell!

We were a few blocks away from our house. My MIL decided to keep walking with Abby while I took Elaina home. She screamed and stomped her feet the entire way back home. People were coming out of their homes to make sure I wasn't harming the child. I couldn't pick her up and walk faster so I just kept walking.

Gotta love tantrums. This is the worst one by far because nothing I said mattered. Usually she's really good at listening even when in trouble. It was a long day and I think she was just tired. She went straight up to her room, into jammies and into bed.


Lost was awesome tonight! I cannot wait for the finale next week. I have no clue how this series is going to end but I enjoy trying to figure it out!

6 comments:

just me, dawn said...

awww, sending you a big hug. no kids here yet, but i imagine that is one of the most stressful times, when there is truly nothing wrong and nothing you can "fix" hope she got some rest last night!

Jess said...

Good for you! I'm glad you stuck with what you said and didn't cave in because I know how much easier that would have been. I have a friend who lets her son do anything he wants and she always caves in and the kid doesn't listen at all...good job mama!

Ris said...

Ugh, dont ask me, I am going through the same thing. I swear my neighbors must think I am beating him at naptime when he is screaming bloody murder because he had to get into bed.

The Mommy said...

Sometimes, The Muffin screams SO loud. I just know that social services will show up one day.

My Regular Voice said...

After BB was born I got behind on Lost, so I just deleted like 5 of them from my DVR. Maybe one day I'll get them on netflix.

Tasha Via said...

Oh the temper-tantrums...where you are at a loss as to what exactly TO do! So sorry you had to endure that=( My yesterday wasn't much better...