Friday, May 1, 2009

Fur-Baby

I've linked up (very last minute) to the Pet Parade going on HERE. So here is a picture of my Siamese cat, Beckett. Here he is hanging out in his favorite spot- looking out our front window at all the going-ons outside.


He was a stray that actually found us! You can see his one leg looks funny. It was broken when we found him and the vet said we could amputate or leave it. So we left it and he uses it just perfect- except when he sits! Ha ha!



This is my lover-boy. This is his "I really love you, Mom" look. He thinks I'm his Momma (and I am!) and is constantly in my face with this sweet, sulty expression.

He was named after a character on Stargate Atlantis. And his personality could be described as "adolescent". Always getting into trouble and tearing through the house. But he's a good boy- goes in the litterbox and doesn't bite people. The only time I ever heard him hiss was at the vet.

He's very, very affectionate and has the loudest purr I've ever heard. He likes to climb into doll strollers and be pushed around by my daughters. And he LOVES to play with their toys (like the Fisher Price Ball-Popper).


On other news I wanted to mention the "swine flu". I'm not concerned about this flu and neither are many of the nurses I've heard talk about it. It's just like any flu strand but has a nasty name attached to it. And as with any flu, hand-washing is the best way to prevent getting and spreading it. Next time your doctor offers a flu shot, take it! Because thousands die from the flu every year (not just "swine flu")!


I ended up not being able to finish the nursery today. My neck was so bad it was affecting my back, my right arm, and I feel like my left hip is dislocated (it's not, but it sure feels weird). I actually felt like this before I painted but the painting definitely aggravated it.

So... hopefully I'll feel better to finish tomorrow (Saturday) and will post then!

Hot pad + sitting with my feet up + not doing anything all day = feeling better already.

4 comments:

Gayle at Planet M Files said...

Awww, Beckett is a handsome boy! How cool that he found you!

Thank you for joining the Pet Parade!

I hope your neck gets better quickly.

elk said...

what a handsome boy he is~so lucky when they find you!

Tasha Via said...

You are so allowed to take a break today=) After all that work you've already done in that room!

Infertility is Hard said...

I'm also annoyed by all the swine flu talk. Like you said, the flu kills people every year. Take precautions people! :-D