Monday, April 13, 2009

Week 13!

It's so confusing determining when the 2nd trimester begins (most books say 14 weeks) but my understanding is this:

Weeks 1-12 = First Trimester
Weeks 13-27 = Second Trimester
Weeks 28-40 = Third Trimester

So I am officially, by my calculations, in the 2nd trimester! Here come the baby kicks, the gender scan, and the blossoming baby bump... I cannot believe how fast time is going! I seriously thought it would drag by. But when your days are filled with so much childcare and household duties the days just melt together.

Tonight I found THIS used baby swing on cr.aigsli.st for half of what it costs new and the seller said it was all mine so long as I pick it up! I can now cross one thing off the list.

I'm not picky. I don't have to have every little thing brand new. But I do want the crib and carseat brand new, of course, for safety reasons. I have actually narrowed it down and just purchased THIS carseat and crib mattress and used the option to pickup at the store to save on shipping! I like the carseat because it'll match our car and is neutral for boy or girl AND it is Eve.nflo which is my favorite carseat brand.

All I really need now is the crib, as far as baby gear goes. No rush, of course, but we just got our tax return and I want to make sure we get what we need before the rest goes toward bills.

I'll probably spend the summer scouring yard sales for baby clothes if we're having a boy! I remember waddling through a neighborhood yard sale (it was actually the entire town) when 9 months pregnant with Butterfly trying to find her a dresser. So many great deals (like her changing table was $5)!

As far as symptoms go this is a pretty laid-back pregnancy so far. I do keep waking up with headaches, which is annoying, but it won't last forever. Otherwise I feel fine. Just feel like a normal, pregnant lady who gets breathless walking up the stairs (especially when dragging a 30-lb child up with me) and who has to nibble on stuff constantly and wants to go to bed by 3 o'clock.

12 comments:

Becky said...

I spent TONS of time at yard sales, too. Found all kinds of great things for cheap-cheap.

I'm curious about your tally sheet for diapers and wipes in your sidebar. Are you buying them little by little now to stock up for later? If so, GREAT idea. I wish I'd thought to do that (though we were blessed to have a couple of baby showers...the one from Jeff's work was a combined one where most gave us LOTS of sizes of disposable diapers. That carried us through for quite a while).

Joy said...

Becky- yes I am buying them with each paycheck! The nursery closet is getting pretty packed! LOL!

Raising Olives said...

Congrats on second trimester, or maybe I should say that next week. I'm glad that you are feeling so well.

We also love yard sales and used. Definitely the way to go.

Blessings,
Kimberly

Susan Sene said...

Yay for the second trimester!! :) I was confused about when the second trimester actually started too but I'm pretty sure I'm there now. I need to look on Craigslist for stuff too - that's a good idea!

Parenthood For Me said...

Just stopping by to say hi. Found you blog at stirrup queens

The Mommy said...

So glad that things are still going well! Congrats on your craigslist find!

Andrea said...

Yay for the second trimester!! I love the swing and carseat!! We finally picked out which infant carseat we want. What crib are you thinking about? I'm still looking, but I've heard the Graco Sarah and Lauren are good (the new Baby Bargains book recommends them) and they are some of the cheapest cribs I've seen so far! We're thinking about the Sarah, but I'm not sure. It's so fun looking at all of this stuff!

Anne Elizabeth said...

Cute carseat! What mattress did you end up getting? I bought a sealy for the new baby. I bought the safety first one for Buddy but wasn't as impressed with it. Anyways. If you have a boy I will have lots of newborn clothes for you. Buddy was born in the winter so a lot of his stuff is for cold weather:)

Jennifer said...

Yay for the second trimester! (And for warmer weather and the yard sales that come with it!!)

Pundelina said...

Hi Joy, I adore garage sales too! Good hunting.

:o)

Tasha Via said...

Yeah for week 13!!!

just me said...

hi there! thanks for your note on my blog :) and i am hoping that i am going to need your expertise in shopping for a little one sometime soon. YAY! for you, second trimester!!