Thursday, April 30, 2009

Nursery Pics So Far

A lot of people keep commenting on how quickly and early I'm getting the nursery done. In my defense I'm doing this all alone and I'd prefer to do it before I'm so large that I run major risks of falling off the ladder. My husband is not skilled with a paintbrush! Ha ha! But it's very therapeutic for me and I love it.


Here's a sequence of pictures with commentary. Still lots to go but over halfway done. Painting should be done tomorrow. Hopefully get the chair rail within the next couple weeks (need to double-check measurements). Enjoy!



This picture showcases that I got the trim and lower half of the wall painted. Debating on whether or not to paint the closet door. Blue curtains will be used if we're having a boy- that's the accent color! Love it!



Started painting with a "cream" that was way too white. And you can see I couldn't figure out where to put the chair rail.

My sister told me chair rail is 36 inches above baseboard! So helpful and I got it measured and painted correctly... with my NEW cream color that is actually CREAM.


Started spackling and painting around the spackling. Loving the colors together!



So much better! Here's all three colors together, waiting for the chair rail.

I'll be finishing the walls tomorrow. I have to sand the walls where I spackled and then roll away.

My daughters have taken to breaking the blades off their mini-blinds. We only have mini-blinds in the childrens' bedrooms because they have sheer curtains. Well no more! I bought new, thick panels for their room which will keep them from breaking mini-blinds and keep the sun at bay longer in the mornings. Don't have a picture as they're sleeping right now but coming soon...

14 comments:

Elephant Steps said...

Looks great!! Good for you for starting early. I waited till the end, and I painted the whole room by myself. I wish I would have started earlier, but I didn't. It all worked out in the end, but not having to rush is nice! i didn't mind doing it either, it was fun!

The Mommy said...

Great job! I should have painted a little earlier than I did. Big baby bellies are not good painting companions!

Susan Sene said...

looks great! don't tell my hubby you are allowed to paint while pregnant though. Hehe :)

Kaye said...

Looking good! We've only gone so far as to thin the junk in the room that was our catch-all room and will become our nursery. I HAVE bought the paint and hubby promises to paint this weekend. He too hates it, but refuses to let me do it, so he doesn't have a choice. =)

Proverbs 27:19 said...

I really like your choice of colors!!!

It's okay that you are doing this right now. It's great to do things when you have the energy and are not so "big" like you said.

smooches,
Larie

Kristy said...

We were also going to do a chair rail but the line separating the two colors ended up so straight we just left it alone. Suggestion for the closet door, I would paint it, either cream or the same dark color as the trim. BTW love the color of the trim, thinking about re-doing our MBR and would like to do dark trim like that (we have a 90 year old home in OP).

The Lynchs said...

Oooh! That looks fabulous! I LOVE the combination of colors! And just for the record, I am such a planner and would need to do mine early, too! :)

Steph said...

Looking good! You will be happy it's done when you are huge and out of breath and don't want to move...at least that's how I always am near the end.



P.S. Still TTC, no luck yet. ;)

Anne Elizabeth said...

It is looking great! I love the cream with the green. I was so glad to trash my mini blinds too!

Photogrl said...

Lookin' good!

Kahla said...

I am totally impressed!!! I don't think it's that early, you're over a third of a way there!

Becky said...

Oh, Joy...that nursery looks FAB!

It'll be cute either way, boy or girl, too.

I hope you're not breathing in too many paint fumes, woman. You gotta be careful. ;)

I've got a post for this weekend about some painting I've been doing, too...I just haven't had time to add in the photos.

Tasha Via said...

Joy, it's gonna look SO good. I can't wait to see the finished product!

Ashley said...

I can't wait to see the nursery all finished! It is looking so cute.

My suggestion for the closet door is if you are afraid to paint it (I would be, because of it's old charm) take the door off and put up a long curtain to match the curtains on the windows or I think flipping the wall colors on a curtain would be cute to so green on the top cream on the bottom. Obviously it will be awhile before little bean can mess up the closet. :)