Friday, April 3, 2009

A Note From My Uterus

Dear Joy,

Hi, this is your uterus. I just wanted to let you know that I just wanted to skip the formalities and get straight to business. Instead of this gradual increase in size I thought we'd get right to the point. You may have noticed you can't suck your stomach in anymore, sorry about that. It's my fault.

And you may have noticed that even your maternity jeans are feeling a bit claustrophic. Yeah, that's my fault, too. And the sciatic pain? You're going to have to blame that one on me as well, since I'm sitting right on that nerve.

You see, I just don't see the point of starting off small. We've been through this song and dance before, you know what to expect, so suck it up and take it. I do have to say that when you stretch and bend too much and feel that sharp round ligament pain, I'm just warning you to take it easy.

We're in this together, for the next 7 months. Things are about to get a lot bigger and more uncomfortable. Don't worry, it's all for the best. You see I love your baby, too, and want to provide the best place for them to grow. So sit back (with your feet propped up) and enjoy the ride!

Sincerely,
Womb♥

P.S. I have nothing to do with your increased bust size. You can blame that one on the baby!



11 weeks 3 days

And no, we're not having twins. I had just eaten before we took the pic.

15 comments:

The Mommy said...

You really do look pregnant! My sister started showing immediately with her second child.
I think you look awesome!!

Becky said...

Awww, love belly pictures.

The food looks wonderful and very healthy. Good job, mama! Eating raw fruits and veggies is one of the best things you can do to get plenty of nutrients and enzymes and such while prego...though don't forget to get plenty of whole grains in there, too. ;)

Becky said...

The note was also very clever and cute, lol.

Joy said...

Becky- bwuahahaha! Grains/carbs are my best friends! But thank you!!! You're always looking out for me and I really appreciate that.

Joy said...

Becky- Oh and I do eat whole grain, not unleached flour, too.

Faith said...

What a great picture! Thanks so much for stopping by our blog -- I so appreciate the encouragement.

Ashley said...

I love the way that was written! Such a good idea! Your baby bump is so cute, I love baby bumps!

Andrea said...

Cute baby bump!

Antonia said...

The baby bump is adorable :)

Elaine said...

awe....I just love baby bumps! Makes me excited to have another one, one day...Very cute!

Tasha Via said...

Ahhh, what a cute post and CUTE picture! I LOVE the baby bump=)

Monkey's Momma said...

What a cute baby bump!!!

Susan Sene said...

haha this is great! :) and don't worry - I was pretty big (and feel I still am) considering how early it was - you look just fabulous!

Kaye said...

You're adorable! =)

Omrithekat said...

Your belly is looking great!