Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Best of Both Worlds

My husband has a deep dark secret. He is leading a double life! Much like Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus. You see, he's a huge fan of Miley's music and he made no secret of this obsession when he begged to go see Hannah Montana: The Movie, when he bought the soundtrack for the movie AND one of Miley's CDs as herself (instead of her alter-ego) and when I found him showing Butterfly some of her music videos online... and the cherry on top of it all? He follows her on Twitter! Yes, we know what Miss Miley is doing throughout her day!

I'm very disturbed by my tattooed/pierced/rocker husband's newfound love for this music (no, he's not in love with HER, just the music... believe me, he's admitted many of his celebrity crushes and this isn't one of them).

But apparently (cue violin) during a really rough day he decided to turn on Radio Disney and one of her songs was playing. It really helped him deal with his current emotional issue and ever since he's been hooked! Some of the lyrics to the song (now that I've had her music beaten into my brains): "Don't let anyone tell you that you're not strong enough!"

So you can imagine my thrill to find a Hannah Montana throw blanket on clearance for $3.50 today. I usually don't just buy frivolous things but this was too funny to pass up. Thinking it'd be a GAG gift... I didn't know my husband would actually fight our 3-year-old over the blanket...

Cuddling with his new blankie of his new favorite superstar:


Noticed I had the camera and started yelling and covering his face!

Telling me to stop and that that was enough pictures and I better not post them on my blog! Probably because the blanket is PINK!

And because this post may have disturbed you as well... (let's face it, when you skip the end of Lost so you can see her perform on American Idol you got issues!). I will end with a picture of my cutie-patootie Bumble Bee donning blue "lipstick" (aka marker)!



So tell me... what is something your husband does that makes you take a step back and go, "What?!"

P.S. I think I may need to go buy a couple more of these blankets, one for each of my girls, because Daddy doesn't want to share!

9 comments:

Susan Sene said...

haha that's hilarious...my husband LOVES The Sound of Music and sings some of the songs on occasion

Tasha Via said...

That is TOO funny! HAHA=)

Julie said...

I'm speechless.

But my niece is so boo-tiful!

Kaye said...

That's hilarious! My husband does several things that are not "traditionally" manly, but doesn't apologize for them. I love him for it. =)

Good for him!

The Mommy said...

Love Daniel's blankie!

Anne Elizabeth said...

Cute picture of bumblebee:)

Mel said...

Hilarious!! Your poor husband, cannot believe you called him out! LOL
My husband LOVES shopping. Who knew? Totally one of his favorite things, though, especially clothes shopping. Totally the "metrosexual" in him.
*hugs*

Elephant Steps said...

I hope he caught American Idol last night! Miley was on! I think it's cute he likes her music...i'll admit it...some of it is catchy!

Monkey's Momma said...

Bumble Bee is too cute in that photo!! Umm, Daniel, when your wife has a blog, all bets are off, buddy. Your secret is out!

Don't worry. My husband had a crush on Britney Spears (before the meltdown).