Friday, March 27, 2009

Week 10

I kind of forgot to do my weekly post for whatever week I'm in. Oops! I blame it on my pregnancy brain. Speaking of which... wait... I totally forgot what I was going to say! See? That's how bad it has been. Except it has been like this since I was pregnant with Butterfly. It hasn't really gone away.

People will ask me questions and I'll just smile stupidly and shake my head and say, "I have no idea what you're talking about." And I'm being truthful! They will be talking about something we had talked about just last week and I have absolutely no recollection. It's starting to SCARE me with how bad it is, but of course I don't forget everything. There's plenty of situations where I remember every detail of something but then the other person doesn't remember (usually my husband)!!! Or sometimes it just takes me a little time to go through the files in my brain and pull up the event they're talking about.

So here's my more detailed cravings/aversions list so far.

Cravings: Mexican food (Ch.evy's mainly), french fries, brownies, cereal, orange juice, bacon & hashbrowns, spaghettios, soup, bread and creamy swiss Laughing Cow cheese, crunchy pickles, certain pizzas (could we PLEASE get a Papa John's around here?!), CELERY and CARROTS, salad and probably a couple other things I can't remember.

Aversions: Everything Else! Okay, basically everything else. It's the end of the month so food is getting scarce here and I'm starting to worry that I won't have anything to eat but everyone else will. I know, woe is me! The store is just a hop and skip down the street.

Week 10 so far has probably been the most ill so far but I still haven't puked, thank God. I've come close! But haven't done it and hoping I don't.

My stomach also seems to be shrinking. Don't know how that works but whatever. I still haven't taken a belly shot- I told you I'm no good at remembering to take those. I'll try to remember for week 11. WOW, almost to the 2nd trimester in just a week and a half.

So baby is about the size of a prune (1.2 inches; .14 ounces)
With bones and cartilage starting to form and vital organs beginning to function, baby is making major progress. Body length will almost double in the next three weeks, and arm joints are now working. (Soon, legs will too.).

Wow- so baby is moving and grooving but of course I can't feel it yet. What I have been feeling is a lot of weird pulling and twitching and round ligament pain. I sneezed so hard yesterday that I majorly pulled a ligament supporting my womb. OUCH!



Go on over to my SIL's blog. She has one week left (hopefully less) for her little man to arrive. Give her some LABOR DUST and pray for a quick delivery and NO SNOW since she does have a drive to her hospital. I'll be updating her blog while she is in labor and after baby boy is delivered... so stay tuned over there this week! I'll be sure to let y'all know here when The Big Day comes.

6 comments:

Anne Elizabeth said...

Your cravings all sound good to me. Especially the pickles. I haven't a good pickle at all this pregnancy:( The experts say it takes 2 years for your brain to get back to the pre-pregnancy stage. That is 2 years after being pregnant or finished nursing. Obviously my brain has yet to get back to pre-pregnancy stage. lol Oh and R is praying for snow this weekend >:( I'm ticked that he is praying for that!

Raising Olives said...

Speaking of pregnancy brain, have you read this http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4158/is_19970109/ai_n9648385 ?

Oh yes, it is a scientific fact, our brains do shrink when we are pregnant. Sad thing is it takes about 6 months for your brain to regain its original size.

Since several of my pregnancies have been closer together than 6 months, I have every reason in the world to be completely scatter-brained all the time. It is amazing I can still remember my name.

Blessings,
Kimberly

Becky said...

I had to spend a little time catching up...so excited Anne is so close now!

LOL on the pregnancy brain and cravings. For some odd reason I always craved bean and cheese burritos with ketchup (now, ugh) and lemon yogurt. Not real wild about lemon yogurt the rest of the time, either.

Do you find yourself gagging from brushing your teeth, too? Like the toothbrush is too big? Oh, and my sense of smell became SUPERsense of smell. Still drives my husband nuts, because that never went away.

I did find that sipping dried ginger tea (steeped in hot water) helped calm my stomach in the mornings.

The Mommy said...

I always wondered if I would feel better if I could throw up. I never found out, but is was always in the back of my mind.

Elaine said...

Hi Joy! Thanks for visiting my blog again. Wow--and it looks like congratulations are in order! I am so excited for you! I look forward to following your pregnancy!

Mel said...

Happy 10 weeks!!!! Hope it is all FLYING by for you. ;)