Saturday, March 21, 2009

Photo Protection Anyone?

So I mentioned before how I didn't want to post pics because I was afraid of someone stealing and abusing my photos. It isn't paranoia- it is protecting my children from per.verts. I'm responsible for what I put on here, especially about them.

Anyway, I want to give you an example of what I'm looking to do for my blog. Check out THIS BLOG. Right click anywhere on her blog and you'll see what happens. Oh, and follow her blog, too, because she's great! She's a hairdresser and has four daughters. I'm going to ask her how to do that on my blog (personally I think blogger should automatically have it on here!). I'll share the news once I find out.

We had Bumble Bee's birthday party this weekend. She got a lot of really cute clothes, four My Li.ttle Po.nies (!!! I'm excited to play with them too), a big wheeler and the Ro.se Pe.tal Cot.tage. Lucky girl! She had so much fun. So much fun, in fact, that she fell asleep within 5 minutes of being put down for a nap, which is unheard of in our house.

It's her 2nd birthday but I had to ask for 3T clothes because she's tall. Some of the pants are a little longer on her but I know 2T wouldn't have lasted at all! She got three of the cutest dresses I've ever laid eyes on for little girls, seriously. And she also got five complete outfits (capris with tops). I'm glad I didn't buy her clothes because she is set! I guess all I need to do for her now is find shoes (anyone know where I can find CUTE shoes? W.al-M.art's shoes stink).

10 comments:

Anne Elizabeth said...

We need to go to that one walmart I told you about because they had some REALLY cute play shoes for girls. The selection at that one was HUGE too.

Anne Elizabeth said...

How does Steph do that?

Joy said...

Anne, I'm going to ask her and share the love once I know! Isn't that great? I'm hoping it's just a simple code I have to input.

Princess Avanaar said...

You'll have to let me know how she gets that warning box to pop up! I wanna know too!! =D

Mrz. Hannah Myhre said...

I want to know how to do that too!

And I completely understand you wanting to protect your childrens pics from nasty perverts.. UGH some people just make me sick.. I can not stand perverts.. I'm not even going to say the things I would like to do to them.. its not pretty..lol

glad to she bubble bee had a great b-day:) you sound like me I would so be excited to play with the toys too!!LOL

Becky said...

Sounds like Bumble Bee had a lovely day. She is so lucky to get such lovely things:) Happy Birthday too her!

I love the warning thing that pops up on Steph's blog. Such a good idea, however it is done.

*Kim* said...

Oh my goodness! I love that you can do that with a blog. I feel the same way as you.....I actually have a little "horror" story about a pic of mine. I ended up taking it off my blog. It is crazy that something innocent can provoke horrible things! Please let us know if you find out how she does it.

BTW, I have been following your blog for a while and love it! Congrats on the pregnancy!
Blessings,
Kim

Kaye said...

It sounds like Bumble Bee had a great party! So fun!

I will echo everyone else's sentiments that you must share the trick when you find out how she protects her blog like that!

Tasha Via said...

I never got a warning box and I totally copied the picture onto my desktop. hmmm...

Ashley said...

For cute kids shoes tries Kohl's, if you watch online for when they have sales on them you can get really nice shoes for the same price as the cheap Wal-Mart shoes. I just got a pair for Roo for $14 when they were normally about $40! I love saving money!