Friday, March 13, 2009

New Beginnings

Okay so I'm very sad to put a major hold on my original blog. I'm someone who gets very attached to familiarity so it's weird to change everything up.

I accidently deleted EVERYONE on my blogroll when I changed the URL (who would've thunk?!). Thankfully I still have the blogroll on my original blog and a Word document with many blog URLs but there's many new blogs I started reading and I hope I can find them again.

So if you haven't already, and I'm on your blogroll, change the URL to http://whendoesdaddycomehome2.blogspot.com/. Otherwise you can just "follow" (don't you just love that feature?)!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

In other news, after my internal exam and pap yesterday I saw the most faint, tiniest streak of pink on the TP. It was so faint I almost didn't see it. I know it was from the exam, though, because it hurt like the dickens (something new). I was really crampy later, too. Surprisingly I wasn't shocked or upset about any of it because I knew it was from that huge q-tip thing.

Did the blood test and Glucola today. I actually didn't get Glucola. I got "fruit punch" glucose drink. I hate fruit punch but thankfully my drink was so cold it had ice crystals in it and was easy to chug!

I did not feel sick after drinking it, at all. I sat there for an hour and read 1/4 of The Atonement Child by Francine River. People came and went, probably wondering why they got in and out so fast while I just sat there.

I probably won't hear any news on that stuff until my next appointment. I'm confident I'm going to pass everything with flying colors!

11 comments:

Anne Elizabeth said...

I forgot to ask about my group B stress results today. Reading about your test reminded me of mine (I know its a completely different test. lol). Anyways... that is nice they gave it to you cold. When I took my test I had buddy with me and it wasn't cold:( He kept asking for my juice. lol Have you read Atonement Child before? It is so good... intense but good.

Becky said...

I am so scared of getting a pap smear to be honest. I have had a couple and the doctors were really rough, so it scared me off.

It's good that you didn't freak out when you got the pink on the TP. I usually panic with even a spot when I am pregnant, lol

(Also I have dropped a clothing size! So excited, the weight is coming off Joy:))

Monkey's Momma said...

I changed your url on my blogroll :)

The Mommy said...

YAY!!! I managed to change your url on my blogroll...while wrestling with Maggie and her computer!
Hope you have a great weekend!!

Andrea said...

I always accidentally delete my blogroll every time I change my page. Even just changing the layout this past time I deleted it. lol I have no clue how it happens, but it isn't fun!

I loved the Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers. So good! She's an amazing author. I keep meaning to read more of her books. Let me know if you like the one you're reading now!

Farm Fresh Jessica said...

I'm glad everything seems to be going well so far! SO exciting!

Tasha Via said...

Love the new look! Hope the results turn out A OK...

Kaye said...

So glad everything is great. I have my diabetes screening coming up next week (yes, I am lucky enough to only have to do it once). Tests always make me nervous although I have no reason to think it will be positive. However, I have the orange version of the fruit punch to drink. I had a choice...orange or fruit punch. I opted for orange b/c that's what I had with my first pregnancy and although it wasn't good, I knew what to expect. I don't know that I could handle the fruit punch, as regular fruit punch is already sweet enough!

Anyway...glad you finally got moved over. I have updated your link in my blogroll. Happy housewarming here at this blog! =)

Kaye said...

Just noticed that I am part of your "Big Belly Club." Thanks! =)

Kat470 said...

Glad things are going well for you Joy! I like the new blog look. :-D

Becky said...

Sounds like you've got a very sensible doctor. I really dislike the SPIKE in doctors that are so quick to recommend c-sections (especially man doctors that have never given birth this way themselves to know the lasting effects it has on a woman's body (not to mention the recovery time). My opinion is that it should only be used as a last resort, as with fetal distress or health problems with the mother.

I had an emergency c-section as they felt Judah's heartbeat indicated he was in distress...and still have strange twinges and things that resulted from it. Oy. I would do a V-bac if I ever had another baby.